Story Mode 44: Pampered By The Prince

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Y/n's eyes flicker open to meet mint ones. She smiles. "Good morning, love." He must've woken up much earlier than her because instead being in the small bed at her side, he's out of reach and arranging flowers in a vase. The small white flowers shaped like ringing bells dangle from all of the dark green stems. Wide leaves of the same dark color fan around the flowers, contrasting them perfectly. He gently sets the last piece in place. The name of the flower pops into her mind: lily of the valley. "When did you get these flowers?" She smiles as she moves to sit up. "They're beautiful."

"Please, stay in bed, Y/n." He smiles lightly and a light blush matching his pink highlights paints his cheeks. "Do you remember what we said at the cafe?" The memory of her bringing Ray all of the sweet treats comes rushing back. He really looked like a prince that deserved to be waited on. "I wanted to try doing that too." He grabs a tray off of the floor where he must have hidden it and sets it up on her lap. "I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your kitchen... and I hope you enjoy eating the food as much as I enjoyed making it for you."

"Wow," Y/n's mouth begins to water as the delightful aroma of the food tickles her nose. There's fried eggs, breakfast sausage, and even vegetables and freshly baked bread. As for drinks, he's prepared tea, orange juice and water. She couldn't ask for more.

"Y/n," Ray mumbles as he sits down on the edge of the bed. "What you said last night... it's true right? You'll really be my princess, right?"

"It's true, I'm all yours."

He smiles brightly, "Then once you finish eating I have somewhere that I want to take you."

"Okay," Y/n takes the first bite of her food. It's just as good as she thought it would be. But Ray watches her eat the mouthful with a smile. "Did you already eat? Do you want a bite?" Y/n asks as she swallows her food and gestures to the plate.

"Oh, I'm fine," he shakes his head. "Watching you is more than enough."

Y/n frowns. "You still need to eat though. You were sick just a while ago too." She lifts the tray and scoots forward so that the both of them can reach it. With her fork, she stabs part of the sliced meat and offers it to her prince. "We need to stay healthy to stay together for a long time."

"I promise to eat later then. Right now, I'm more worried about you than me." Ray takes the fork from her hand gently and guides it to her lips. She pouts, but eats it obediently. "When you get sick or sad... I hope you let me care for you like this."

"Ray..." She fights the tickling sensation behind her eyes and smiles. Whether he figured something out about her that she hasn't been able to tell him yet, or not, his words are more than enough to make her heart soar. They've been saying it all this time, but the words have finally sunk in. She's found someone that will be by her side no matter what happens. She was unsure before, but now she truly knows. It's a promise of happiness. "Thank you... so so much."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Ray holds Y/n's hand tightly as they sit on the soft grass together. She didn't realize she had woken up so early, the sky is still dark. Just how early did Ray have to wake up to prepare everything? Did he sleep at all?

"The stars are beautiful," Y/n mumbles. White freckles are spread across the dark sky like glitter. Some sections of the large canvas is stained with purples and reds and other parts with swirling blues. She has lived in this area for a while now, but she has never seen the morning sky like this before.

"Reports say that this is the first day in a little over a century that the Earth has been positioned like this so that you can see this sky from here in Seoul. The next time won't be for several decades." He lifts her hands and kisses her knuckles. "I wanted to see this with you." Y/n leans against him and kisses his cheek in a silent thanks. The pair fall into a comfortable silence as they watch the swirling sky above them. Sooner or later, the sun's rays begin to puncture through the horizon.

"What would you like me to call you?" Y/n smiles as she looks up at him from his chest. Without disturbing her, he slips off his jacket and drapes it over her shoulders. "Ray or Saeran, or both?"

His hand finds hers again. "Either is fine when we're alone, but when we're with other people, even the RFA, you have to call me Ray. They can't know this about me yet." He sighs and squeezes her hand. "I wish I could tell you everything, but what I can say for now is: don't trust V." His jaw clenched and his soft voice grows into a rigid bark. "No matter what happens— even if you need to use him for something— do not trust him. Ever."

"I'll listen to you, Saeran." She rubs his back and securely fixes him in a hug. "I'll listen to you so don't worry. Let's just enjoy our morning together." He returns her embrace and focuses on the changing sky instead of the raging thoughts inside him. The empty colors of space begin to slowly dissipate. The sun rises again.

───────────〔✿〕───────────