Story Mode 81: All He Has

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"Seven!" Yoosung tells and jumps out of his seat. "Where have you been all of this time?!" The jokester has been absent from the chat for weeks on end and he's been ignoring all of Yoosung's calls. Saeran pushes his brother off of him and his gaze falls back to the floor. No one says a word to him as he dusts himself off and slips out of the room. The RFA was never really like his family anyway. For him, Y/n is all he has.

Yoosung locks Seven in a hug before he can go after his brother. "How come you wouldn't answer my calls?!!"

"Sorry, sorry." Seven awkwardly rubs the boy's back as he whines into his chest. Clenching his teeth, Seven watches his twin slip out of the room from over Yoosung's shoulder.

Jaehee clears her throat. "It's great to have you here, Luciel. You're right in time for the last bit of our presentation." She clicks the next slide and a picture of a man in a white jacket shows up on the screen. "The man on the screen goes by 'Dr. Yun'. He has been posing as a C&R employee for a year and had been giving Y/n strange prescriptions. It is likely that this was the cause of Y/n's incident today. The doctors will let us know more tomorrow." She goes to the next slide. "We discovered that he was the one that tampered with Y/n's original internship and that he has been keeping tabs on her for quite some time now."

"I'll tear him apart for laying a finger on my daughter!" D/n grits his teeth. "Where is this bastard right now?!"

"I'm afraid that we have been unable to locate him. It is possible that he knows that his secret is out."

"Jaehee." Seven pries Yoosung off and pushes him to the side. "Send me all the information you have." He turns to the group of Y/n's friends and family. "And I ask that none of you speak of any of this, not even to each other." He clenches his fist at his side. V should've been here. He should've been the one here to say this. "If any of this gets out, Y/n and everyone here can fall into serious trouble."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"Saeran," Saeyoung slips into the dark hospital room. The door closes softly behind him. His brother must've dismissed the guards from the room as he sits alone at her side. He holds her hand gently with both of his, as if it's made of glass and he's afraid of shattering her. "You might have already figured it out but—"

"This is connected to the Mint Eye." His soft gaze remains fixated on Y/n and not an ounce of extra energy is wasted on replying to his brother. "I know." His head droops slightly. His fingers play with the ring on her finger. "I know."

Saeyoung takes a seat on the floor and props the back of his head up against his brother's leg. Saeran doesn't shake him off. "Her doctor said she will wake up soon," the red head assures. "She'll be a little weak for a few days, but she will bounce right back. Don't worry."

"She was just having a great time screaming and laughing as we learned how to bike together." Saeran's head falls into his left hand. The other holds onto hers tightly. "Why did this have to happen? What do they even want with Y/n in the first place?" He sucks in a breath sharply. A lump grows in his throat. "The only person that is even related to Y/n from the Mint Eye is MC and she's dead!"

Saeyoung bites his tongue. Even if Saeran deserves the truth. Even if Saeran is hurting. Even if Y/n is in danger... he can't say anything. He won't. Saeyoung made a promise. "You should get some sleep," Seven moves to stand up. He wobbles slightly as he makes it to his feet again. "Y/n would want to see you looking bright and sunny when she wakes up."

A hard cough punches through Saeran's throat, a shy away from a laugh. "When did those words start to describe me?"

A thin smile pulls on Saeyoung's lips as he grabs the handle to leave the room. "You've always been like that." The door creaks open, "There were just a few clouds blocking the view."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"Mr. Han," Jaehee remains in the meeting after everyone begins to disperse. The room is dark and the hospital is utterly quiet. Not a soul remains to bother them or listen in. "About the doctor—"

"I know." Jumin responds. He stands with his arms crossed across his chest, his glare as stern as ever. "He isn't working alone."

Jaehee nods. She hands her boss a pile of files before bowing. "I think he isn't likely to give up either. Now, if you will please excuse me."

A quick glance through the folders reveal information about the Doctor's background and social circles. It even details his monthly routine and all of the locations he frequents. As expected of his Assistant. She is indeed an indispensable worker. He catches her before she slips out of the door. "Have a good night, Assistant Kang."

She nearly trips before she turns around, "You as well, Mr. Han." With another bow, she moves to close the door behind her, only to pause halfway. "And... perhaps at times like these it's okay to be more selfish with your feelings."

Jumin's eyes slim in recognition. "I don't know what you're referring to."

"Right," Jaehee bows for the third time. "I'll be off now. Goodnight."

───────────〔✿〕───────────