Story Mode 112: New Plans and an Old Promise

Video Call 7: 35 AM

A faint smile of relief grows on Saeyoung's features as his twin's face pops up in his screen. He never contacted him last night, so he had no idea if his brother made it to the cult okay. It could be Saeyoung's imagination, but he'd say that Saeran's complexion has already started to improve in the small amlunt of time that he's been with Y/n.

Per usual, the Saeran wastes no time in getting to business. "Did you figure out the schedule?"

"How's Y/n?" Saeyoung smiles at his brother through the screen as he pulls up the file containing information on the food deliveries. "You look like you got some sleep, so I'm guessing she's okay for the most part?"

"Y/n," the syllables fall out of his lips softly. "She'll be okay once we get out of this place."

"I'll do my best to help make that as soon as possible." Aside from the clicking of a keyboard on Saeyoung's side, the pair go quiet for a minute. Once Saeyoung finishes transmitting the schedule, he speaks up once again. "I just sent you an email with the information regarding the delivery pattern. Your plan is good. Aside from just getting to the right place at the right time, you and Y/n shouldn't have any problems carrying it out." Saeyoung had spotted some movement behind Saeran, but decides to save his brother the warning.

"Don't—"

Saeran's words' get cut off as warm arms slide across his collar bone and wrap tightly around his neck. Still half asleep, Y/n got out of bed and draped herself over her boyfriend's shoulder, chest to chest. She holds his lean form tightly, hooking her chin over the back of his shoulder and against his neck. "What are you doing so early in the morning?" Her words slur together slightly.

Color bursts onto Saeran's cheeks. His brother watches the screen with his mic off and throws his head back in laughter. Embarrassed but undoubtedly happy to have Y/n at his side again, Saeran quickly taps off his video and rubs her back placing a kiss on her cheek at the same time. "Just working some things about our escape plan out with Saeyoung. Do you want me to get you some breakfast?"

Y/n shakes her head against his neck. "Let's eat together after. What's the escape plan like?"

"Me, me! Pick me!" Saeyoung raises his hand like a good student, his mic now back on. "Let Hero of Justice 707 answer!"

Saeran rolls his eyes, but Y/n chuckles and takes his bright voice as a opportunity to wake up. Figuring that worrying Seven is no good, she makes sure the video stays off when she turns around. "Go ahead, Mr. Hero." Saeran sends a mix between a glare and a pout to her which she acknowledges by giving him a tight squeeze.

"I, Mr. Hero—"

"Out with it dumbass," his twin interrupts. Chuckling, Y/n scolds Saeran with a light chop to the side of his head.

"He loves me~!" Seven swoons before getting serious. "Put simply, the plan is to steal one of the trucks Rika is using to deliver food to the cult. They come three trucks at a time on what originally seems like random days, but I managed to figure out their schedule."

"Rika?" Yoosung who had begun helping Seven by surveying some of the cult's security footage just last night stands with his clammy hands clamped on a tray behind Seven. "Isn't it bad to steal?" He felt inferior to the other members and still trusts Seven which is why he agreed to help. But really, if Rika is really still alive, he is hoping that he can catch a glimpse of her through the cameras.

Seven jumps in his seat and whips around. "Yo- Yoosung, can you go back to your room for now? I'll call you when we're—"

"Isn't it bad to eavesdrop?" Y/n finds herself retorting flatly. The last thing she wants is someone painting Saeran out to be bad for trying to save her. "Or, I don't know, to kidnap people?"

"Y/n," Saeran strokes the side of her face lightly. "You don't have to listen to him. I'll finish taking care of this so why don't you go back to bed?"

"You guys aren't even showing your faces!" The blond shouts out. Luciel gets out of his seat and begins to to try to remove him by force. He flails as he is pushed back and keeps yelling. "If Y/n was really kidnapped then there's no way she'd be in okay shape. She sounds perfectly fine! Now, in the chats! Always! She's just a liar and so is Ray! They should've never joined the RFA! I wish- I wish- I wish they were the ones dead instead of Rika!"

Saeran ends the call.

Without the young college student's screening, the room is silent. When Saeran hugs her tightly and whispers thousands of apologies in her ears, Y/n just shakes her head.

"This isn't something you need to say sorry for." She slips out of his grasp and falls into the seat he was using just a moment ago. Her face is scattered with cuts and bruises, but her gaze is strong. Y/n is strong. She smiles lightly, "Sorry but, do you mind reconnecting the call?"

A kiss to her forehead. "Anything for you."

The video call cuts on and when Yoosung is properly seated in front of her, she cuts on the video. His purple pupils shake as they take in her cloaked and beaten form. He cringes visibly, growing more pale by the second. This is what his Rika did to someone he looked up to and thought of as a friend. This is the person he abandoned in order defend someone he should've parted with long ago. He feels... disgusting.

Y/n nearly chuckles at his expression. It's exactly what she expected. "I don't know if you remember," Y/n breaks the silence. "But you said that you'll do anything that I said when I was still fairly new to the RFA. I'm going to use that now." Y/n squeezes Saeran's hand. She's been holding it since the call started again.

"What... are you going to make me do?"

"It's not a big favor," Y/n shrugs. "Just, don't ever get in the way of me and Saeran getting out of here. Ever."

It's right before him. It's the visual evidence that he should've been convinced by. But it's far from what he wanted to see. This reality is not one that he ever wanted to believe in.

Yoosung's fists clench.

"Okay."