Story Mode 110: Pleased

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Saeran huffs as he stands in the doorway. He had forced one of the believers that he recognized from the original Magenta to show him to Y/n's room. He ran, but he wasn't expecting this. Why is Rika here? What the fuck is up with the blood and broken drawers? And more than anything, why the hell is MC leaning over Y/n? From where he stands, he's unable to see Y/n's face let alone her wrists that are locked to the bed post. "Get away from her!" He snaps, immediately charging towards MC.

Rika is quick to get in the way. "You're Saeran, it seems. I knew you would come back eventually." She tries to get a hold of his face to get a good look at him, but he slaps her hands away. He can't think about anyone beside Y/n.

MC doesn't even turn around at the chaos. She fumbles with the keys to the cuffs even more in a rush than before. The small key slides in the slot on Y/n's first wrist and she twists it hard. It releases. Just one left to go.

Y/n, meanwhile, shrinks into herself. Her original elation at Saeran's arrival quickly turns sour. He's going to see her. He's going to see her injuries. Her mistakes. Her stupidity. Her ugliness. He's going to see a side of her that she'd rather keep hidden for the rest of her life.

Saeran pushes Rika off of him and charges to the bed just as MC undoes the last cuff and pulls away. "Y/—"

She screams.

Y/n lurches herself away from him and she screams. Frantic, she scrambles onto her hands and knees and launches herself off of the bed to the corner on the farthest side of the room. Trembling, she pulls her cloak's hood over her head, sits on the ground, and does everything she can to fold herself into the wall.

"Y- y/n?" His angel's name falls from his lips, his eyes wide and his hand still trembling in the air. "Y/n?" He slowly moves away from the bed, attempting to approach the woman again.

His foot strikes a squeaky floorboard. "NO! Don't come over here!" Her voice is heavy with sorrow and gets more and more coarse with her every word. "I thought I told you not to come!"

Saeran hesitates. He had guessed that she might cry, or kiss or hit him. But he never expected that she would run away from him. "Y/n," he tries, approaching her more slowly. "Princess what's wrong?"

Rika guestures to MC and before Y/n can sniffle out a response, they leave the room, shuttting the door behind themselves. Y/n's hands cover her face and she begins to ball. She didn't want to reunite like this. She should've been in her favorite outfit, her hair neatly done, smiling, and it should've happened far away from this hell hole. "I'm sorry," she cries, her shoulders heaving so hard that her head bobs against the wall with their momentum. "Please don't look at me."

Hands clenching at his sides, Saeran steels himself and approaches his love once again. When he puts a hand on her back, she sobs harder. But, she doesn't pull away. "Y/n..." She keeps her hands secure over her face as Saeran gently slips an arm beneath her knees, carrying her in his arms. He takes in a sharp breath as he starts to get a better look at her. Mangled skin misshape the tips of her fingers and dark rings wrap around her wrists. She's been handcuffed. And more than once. More scary, dark bruises in the shape of hands twist around her neck.

Saeran gently moves to lay her down on her bed, but Y/n immediately panics. Her chest lurches forward and she hides her face next to his, instead using her hands to hold her chest as far away from the surface of the furniture as possible. He doesn't have to ask to know. She doesn't want to be on the bed.

Instead, he kicks away a large piece of a drawer and sits on the floor, settling Y/n on his lap. She keeps her head over his shoulder so that he can't see. "Y/n..." Saeran rubs her back gently as he holds her close. "You don't have to be scared of showing me."