Story Mode 58: When You've Grown Up In A Hospital...

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"Thank you!" Y/n leaves the pharmacy and tucks her new prescription in her bag. It's honesty ridiculous. She's been doing fine for years now, yet the doctor absolutely insisted that she got on yet another medication. Quite frankly, she doesn't think she needs it, but she's not the one with the medical degree. She rolls her eyes as she zips her bag shut. Just more money down the drain.

Just as Y/n moves to sit down at the bus stop just a block away from the pharmacy a black car that she baby seen before pulls up the stop. She looks at the granny seated at the bus set stop who looks right back at her with the same question in her eyes. Neither of them have the chance to ask as the window rolls down.

"Y/n," Saeran gives her a small smile. "Hop in."

Just about a million questions pop into her head, but she doesn't waste any time asking them. After a quick bow to the older lady, she turns around and jumps into the passenger seat of the car. The moment the car door slams and her seat belt is buckled, Ray takes off.

"So..." Y/n tries as she awkwardly balances her bag on her legs. She's wearing plain jeans and a sweatshirt and even has her messy hair hidden under a hat. She certainly wasn't expecting to see anyone she knew today, especially not her boyfriend (?) that she hasn't seen in three months. She takes a moment to think about where she should start. How have you been? Where have you been? What have you been doing? How did you know where I was? Why do you always miss my calls? Have you been as lonely as I have? You still love me, right? "Where are we going?"

He glanced over to her as he smiles lightly. "It's a surprise." Even though it's only been a few months and they managed to call each other a few times... It's clear that Saeran has changed. His body seems firmer, his cheeks more full, his skin, brighter. It's good to see him looking healthy, but she can't stop the small sinking feeling in her.

"Have you been working out?" Y/n's hands pause as they reach out to touch his toned forearms, before falling back to her lap. She pushes up a smile, "I've been skipping the gym a lot lately. Maybe we should go together someday!" When you've grown up in a hospital, hiding your pain gets easy.

"Oh..." his sharp jawline points back at the road as he eases the car into a turn. "I actually haven't gone to a gym before. I guess I kind of just started exercising due to my job..."

"Oh ok," Y/n is saved as Saeran switches the gear to reverse and backs into a parking spot. "Are we here?"

He puts the car into park. "Remember our call?" He smiles lightly and a familiar blush dances across his cheeks. Lightly, but still there.

"Mugs?" Y/n looks up at the street they've parked on. There are a few restaurants, a mini grocery store and other small shops, but none of them appear to sell stuff like cups. Then, she reads the name of the store they've parked in front of. "No way— Saeran, are we going to make pottery?!"

He smiles fully at her excitement. "I'm happy you like the idea." He shuts off the engine and looks over to his Princess. "Let's go on in. Oh, and leave your bag in the car. I don't want it to get dirty."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"Wow, you even got a reservation for this place?" Y/n asks as one of the workers walks them to where they'll be sitting. The woman keeps stealing glances at them and giggling. Although Y/n doubts just how much Ray is hers, she walks closer to him while maneuvering herself to walk in between him and the part timer. "How did you know we'd be able to get here at this time? I don't think I told you about my appointment."

"Ah..." Saeran can't admit that he hacked into the system to find out, so he bites his tongue and helps Y/n sit down on her chair. "I have my ways."

Y/n gives him a sidelong look, but let's him get away with the vague answer. She doesn't have time to continue the conversation as the worker begins to explain the process. "Then, you want to gently insert your fingers into the center of the clay and begin to pull it out without touching the bottom. This will be the basic shape of your cup." She smiles and sets out a lump of clay for each of them. As if the two lumps are any different, her lips form an 'o' and she swaps them quickly. "I'll be back in a little bit, but please call me if you need help!"

The two add water to their clay and begin to do as the woman instructed them. "Have you ever done something like this before?"

Y/n shakes her head. The wet clay feels nice on her fingers. "It's my first time." She gently begins to pull on the clay and just like the lady said, the cup begins to form. "They don't have any fancy places like this where I grew up and I haven't had the chance to really explore Seoul since I've moved here for college." A light smile grazes his features. Maybe they'll be able to explore it together.

Y/n looks over to her boyfriend and nearly cackles with laughter. "What? What?" He panics as Y/n leans against him and struggles for air. "Y/n, what's so funny? Does my mug look that bad?"

She shakes her head and manages to her ahold of herself. She picks up the towel they were provided and wipes her hands clean of the  majority of the clay. "Your mug is beautiful, it's just," she laughs as she quickly unlocks her phone to take a picture of his frazzled face. "You have clay on your cheek." When he sees the picture of himself his eyes widen and a familiar dark blush creeps over his cheeks. With a swoon, Y/n laughs and wipes the clay gently off his cheek with the side of her thumb. "All better."

───────────〔✿〕───────────