Story Mode 67: Waning Moonlight

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"What the fuck do you mean I should hide this from the rest of the RFA?" Y/n leans against the wall in the hallway of the hospital with her arms crossed across her chest. "Their friend is in that room with a damn bullet wound and you're telling me that they don't deserve to know? If it weren't for Jumin lending me his car, I might not have even made it in time!"

"Y/n, you're loud..." Seven speaks in a low voice and Y/n rolls her eyes. His red hair is a mess and his eye is bruised blue and black from where Y/n had punched him. "We should get V's approval before we talk about this."

"Your brother tried to commit su— tries to shoot himself and you're talking about V?" Disgust grows on her face, but she digs her nails into her palms instead of hitting the man in front of her again. If not for him, she wouldn't have been able to find Saeran after all. "Like I said. I'll wait until Saeran wakes up. End of discussion. I'm going with whatever his decision is."

Exasperated, Luciel sighs. "Fine."

Y/n returns to Saeran's room and sits in a chair beside his bed. Thanks to the transfusion, Saeran was able to stabilize while they were in the ambulance. Once they got to the hospital, the surgeons performed a quick surgery and put him back together. Luckily, the bullet missed all of his major organs and nerves, so he'll be able to make a full recovery. She holds his hand tightly in hers and kisses his knuckles lightly. She was finally able to catch up. She wasn't weak. She was able to protect him. Finally.

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Night falls over the hospital and Y/n sleeps at Saeran's bed side. She's sitting erect in the chair with his hand still clutched desperately by her own. Saeran's eyes flutter open. The pain in his side is dull. Cold chemical scented air fills his lungs as he breathes deeply. He's alive. Y/n stirs beside him. "Y/n."

"I love you." Y/n says it as she awakens, her head lifting from its hanging position. She smiles. "Thank you so much pulling through for me," she holds his hand to her face. Her eyes close. "I'm happy I fell in love with you," she throws his words back at him. "Won't you please stay with me?"

Saeran mint eyes widen and shine in the waning moonlight. He tries to sit up, but he flinches, his hand immediately jerking to his side. Y/n stands and gently helps him up the rest of the way. His toned form leans into her before balancing. "Y/n... I'll only hurt you."

"You haven't." Y/n's hands find their way into his soft hair. Gently, she smooths it down, slowly getting rid of his bed head. If only she could touch him like this everyday. "You won't. And even if you did I'd forgive you."

Saeran shakes his head, tears threaten to fall from his eyes. He has done nothing to earn such kindness. Not after what he's done. He's a terrible being that should just be walked on and ignored by others. "I left you alone for months!"

Y/n sits in her chair and scoots closet to Saeran. She looks up at him with a smile that's been embedded with hope. "That's why I'm asking you to stay," she holds his gaze steadily. "I love you, Saeran."

"Y/n." His eyes flicker. This can't be right. There's no way reality can be this sweet. Not for someone like him. Not for him who knows nothing but abuse and abandonment. "How can you love me this much when I don't even like myself?"

She wants to hold him tight to her chest and never let him go. She wants to hug him and show him that it'll all be alright. She caresses his hand. "You just haven't recognized all of the parts of you that I think are so beautiful." Her small smile warms the room and embraces Saeran softly. "Stay with me. I'll teach you them one by one."

In front of him, Saeran sees a chance. He doesn't have to be alone. He doesn't have to be ignored. He doesn't have to be hated, or controlled, or cursed by those around him. He can be loved. He can love. He can be hers. And she'll be his. "Even after what I did..." His breath hitches lightly, "Do you think you can be happy with me?"

"Of course I can." She smiles brightly and wipes away a tear as it slips from her eye. "Let's be happy together."

"Thank you, Y/n." His hands clutch hers. Their fingers lock together. A faint smile finds its way into Saeran's lips. "You're an angel."

───────────〔✿〕───────────