Story Mode 41: Don't Fail Me Again

───────────〔✿〕───────────

The Savior sits on her velvet thrown with her legs crossed. Her blonde locks cascade down her back in waves. A shadow hangs over her light green eyes and a smile as sweet as rotting fruit graces her this lips. "MC," she hums as she looks down on the woman's thin form. "Tell me. Is my dear Saeran coming back to me?"

MC stiffens beneath the weight of her savior's gaze. "The letter was delivered properly... but Saeran does not seem to be coming back." She takes a sharp breath and keeps her eyes trained on the ground as she kneels. "In fact... it seems that he is making an effort to run away from us."

"MC," The Savior smiles faintly as she stands from her seat. "Come here." The guards stiffen at their positions in the room, but are at rest once again when she she lifts her hand. MC picks herself up off of the floor and walks up to the alter with her head held low. "Now I can see you better," she whispers. "Lift your head."

MC does as she's told and her eyes meet Rika's. The Savior's face comforts and her hand snaps across MC's cheek. The girl yelps as her neck is ripped to the side. This time, however, she doesn't drop her gaze. "Oh?" The Savior giggles as she situates herself back into her thrown. "So it appears you've finally made it to the level of dog. That's conditioning, MC." Her head tilts to the side as her eyes scour over all of the bruises covering the girl's neck. As a mid ranking believer, she has yet to earn the privilege of dressing as she likes, so she is in the dark robes that cover the majority of her repulsive body. "I suppose I should praise you now that you finally learned how to keep your eyes where I tell you to." She leans forward in her seat and whispers. "Good girl."

"Go back to where you were." MC immediately turns and falls to her kneeling position that she was in before. "You're such a disappointment, you know?" The Savior shifts her focus to the gunk trapped beneath her nails as if it's more pleasing to her eyes than MC. "Saeran made me think that you were actually worth something. My expectations were so high... I should've brought Y/n here first. If she was here, my goal would've already been accomplished and Saeran would've never left us."

"You're a failure MC. There's no meaning to your life. Just why does your heart continue beating? Don't you think it's pitiful?"

"My Savior," MC whimpers as she lifts her head from the floor. When she isn't silenced, she continues her approach. "I can make my waste of a life useful to you... I know of another way to get Saeran, Y/n and the RFA to come here. Please, I beg of you, please bestow another chance upon me."

The Savior's lips curl up slightly at the proposal. "Very well, MC." She stands from her thrown and descends to the believer's side. She holds her hand out to the woman kneeling below her. MC takes it and kisses her knuckles lightly. "You, like my other believers, are my precious child, MC. You're weak. But I'll make you stronger. I'll make it so they can never hurt you again." MC releases the Savior's small pale hand.

"Don't fail me again."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

~~Over the Phone~~

???: Hello?

MC: Hello.

???: Who is this?

MC: Who I am doesn't matter.

???: You're right. I'm hanging up.

MC: Y/n L/n.

MC: I know everything about your relation to her. You hang up and I can't promise that I won't do anything with that information.

???: What are you talking about? I don't know anyone by that name.

MC: If you didn't recognize the name you would've already hung up. Don't lie to me. I already know the truth.

???: .........

???: What is it that you want?

MC: Let's set the rules first, why don't we.

???: Do you think this is a game? Tell me what the hell it is that you want!

MC: What a bad attitude you have.

MC: Is it alright for you to talk like that and so loudly? You're going to draw people's attention.

???: .........damn.

???: What are your rules? I assume if I break them you're going to do something with that information you claim to have

MC: Hm, you catch on quick. Good. That makes things easier.

???: What are your rules?

MC: Impatient, aren't we~

???: .........

MC: Very well.

MC: The rules are simple.

MC: One. Do not let Y/n find out who you are.

???: You don't have to tell me that.

MC: Two. Do not end your relationship with the Chairman of C&R.

???: What does he have to do with this?

MC: Do you really think that you're in a position to be asking questions?

MC: Three. Answer all of my calls as soon as you hear the ring.

???: .........

MC: No back talk on that one it seems.

MC: Four. Do not tell anyone about me.

MC: Five. Do as I say.

???: What is it that you want?

MC: Does what I want change anything?

???: Yes.

???: That child never did anything wrong! Neither did the Chairman. If you want to ruin my career there are a lot of other ways to do so without including them.

MC: Don't underestimate me.

MC: My goal isn't something as petty as ruining your joke of a career. You'll do that on you're own eventually

???: What do you want from me?

MC: Just sit and watch.

MC: You'll see eventually.

MC: For eternal paradise.

~~End of Call~~

───────────〔✿〕───────────