Story Mode 86: The Eternal Paradise

"Ohh?" The Doctor hums as he tucks the large stuffed animal beneath his arm. "You look quite frightened, love. They didn't spoil the surprise for you, did they?"

Y/n squeezes her phone tightly in her hands. 'Lock the doors and windows.' Her arms cross in front of her chest. This is her doctor, the man she entrusts her health to. She can trust him. Right? No... what did Saeran tell her? 'Your medication was taking a toll on your organs'. The medicine that Dr. Yun insisted on prescribing her. The said doctor leans over Y/n's shoulder and reads the messages on her screen. 'Don't let anyone in. I'll be there soon. I love you, Y/n.'

"GET OU—"

The man smacks his hand over Y/n's mouth and leans across her chest, pressing the tip of a needle against her neck. She freezes. "I know I don't look like it," Dr. Yun smiles just inches away from Y/n's face. He's using his body weight to hold her down. "But I'm not exactly new to this whole killing people thing. If you don't want me to kill again today, I recommend that you cooperate."

Y/n glares back at the man above her. In addition to the sting of the needle slowly burying in her neck, the man's weight digs into her side where she just had surgery. Pain and adrenaline blind her. But she takes deep breaths. In her hand behind the doctor, she struggles to dial a number. 5... 5... 5... 8... 6... 8... 3... 7... 5... Her finger stretches for the last 7, when Dr. Yun catches on. But he just laughs. He throws his head back and laugh, his vivacity so pure the bed shakes with each fit if convulsions erupting from his chest. 7! Y/n dials the number and presses the call button. Then, the doctor above her sighs, his fervor extinguished. "You don't get it do you?" Her body goes cold.

"MC is blocking your phone's connection. You can't contact anyone." Retracting the needle and snatching the phone out of her hand, he opens a new message that pops up from an unknown sender. His hold weakens on Y/n as he divides his attention. Her chance is now! She bites his hand that covers his mouth and uses the moment to shove him off of her. Hot pain strikes her gut and she doubles over. She gasps for air, her hand flying to the stitches in her side. They stain red. "Look at what you've done to yourself, Y/n." He drags her limp form completely out of the bed and watches her flop onto the floor. Her blood smears across the tile.

He opens the link on her device and shoves the screen in front of her teary eyes. "Don't even think of screaming for help." Y/n clenches her teeth. The pressure on the wound adds a fresh layer of dull pain that helps bring her to her senses. Her head spins and her limbs are heavy. They're unresponsive. And she's in no position to fight against the doctor. Her mind does backflips. What can she do? What? What did he say? 'Screaming for help.' How did she forget? Jumin's guards are nearby! Her mouth opens wide—

"Y/n, are you watching?"

Y/n's eyes open and she falls silent. The voice comes from her phone. It's one far too familiar. One she wishes she could forget. One that taints her past. "No..." Cloth is wrapped tightly in her father's mouth and tied behind his head. He stares at the camera with soft eyes. His shoulders are tense and a dark and growing bruise paints his cheek. The voice speaks again from behind him.

"You always defended your father's broke ass when he couldn't pay for your medical treatments."

The figure behind D/n is dressed in all black and holds a black pistol tightly against his temple. The man appears to be seated in a chair and the camera focuses on his face, only catching the bust and waist of his captor. It's more than enough for Y/n to know who it is. And yet, such a thing shouldn't be possible. "She's dead..." Y/n whispers, the phone shaking in her hands. "This can't be her. MC is dead!"

"She's not, but your dad is about to be," Dr. Yun retorts as he takes Nunsseob and throws him out of the window. He doesn't have to worry about Y/n fighting back or someone catching them anymore. It's too late.

"Let's see what you'll do to save him. Be a good girl and do as Dr. Yun tells you. We'll treat you real well."

Y/n's father shakes his head no over and over, grunting as he fights against the constraints. It's no use. The woman behind him smashes the gun across his head. A sob rips through Y/n. Her father's head falls limp at an odd angle and the woman behind him replaces the gun at his temple.

"Make your choice. Now."

Dr. Yun snatches the phone away from Y/n, cheer fizzing in his stare. "Well?" He asks. "What are you gonna do?"

A new pain burns in Y/n. She can feel it in the bottom of her chest. It's swirls and spreads to the tips of her toes. It's invigorating and yet calming. Her expression stiffens and she glares into the nefarious man before her. With the new strange wave rippling through her, she staggers to her own feet. Her tears stop and her voice is awfully dry. "You could've threatened me with the gun if you didn't want me to run or cry for help."

The man cocks his head at his patient, a smirk growing on his features. "And?"

"You went through the trouble of kidnapping my father... you don't just want to take me." A dry laugh escapes her throat and her hand clenches her bleeding wound tightly. Only a stitch or two have ripped. "You want me to choose to go. You want to make me one of you fucking lunatics, am I right?"

His smirk stretches up both of his cheeks, touching his eyes. The laughter is back. It's echoes of the walls loudly and rings in Y/n's ears. "You're smarter than I thought!" With a final bout of chuckles that he nearly chokes on, his expression falls back to normal. "Then you should also understand that you've had no choice from the start." He hums and slides a hand around the back of Y/n's waist, completely unfazed by the warm and squelching sensation of blood soaked cloth.

"What are you planning?" Y/n's voice is calm as the man guides her to the window that he threw her stuffed animal out of.

"Unfortunately for you, I don't have any evil plans to tell you about." The man chuckles again, but it's brief and his pace doesn't slow even slightly. "I do commend your attempt to buy time, though. It's almost cute how much you trust that boy."

Saeran. Y/n looks over her shoulder. The bed where he proclaimed his love for her is stained with blood. The phone that contains his warm messages and pictures full of precious memories lays stranded on the floor. 'Why are things always like this? Why can't our happiness last?' Tears blur her vision, a lump growing in her throat. 'What is he going to think when he sees me missing from this empty room?'  "If you don't have any plans, why are you doing this?" Her pitch falters and the man hosts her up on the window sill. A sturdy rope dangles from the top of the building and hangs down the middle of the window. "Who's the one telling you to do this?"

"I'm doing this for immunity. It's no fun killing people in jail, you know." Dr. Yun ties the rope around his waist tightly and then ties Y/n against him. It seems they chose a smart captive. If she struggled more she would be the only one to get hurt. He hooks an arm beneath her bust and the uses the other to clench the rope tightly. "The one that gets me that immunity is the Savior, you see. So what she says goes." It's a give and take relationship. Fulfill the order, get what you want. The man cackles and squeezes Y/n against him. Without a warning, he hurls them off the side of the building. Gravity yanks at them and a scream yanks out of Y/n. The man laughs as they plummet to the ground. "That's just how things work at the eternal paradise!"