Story Mode 93: Turning To His Talented Brother

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Saeyoung places a tray of snacks next to his brother as well as a bottle of water. He's not likely to stop hacking to eat, but maybe he'll reach out and take a bite every now and then. Saeyoung watches his brother's fingers fly across the keys with a somber expression. Things shouldn't have come to this.

"Saeran... how can I help you?"

The man visibly flinches. He keeps his eyes on the screen and hangs his head low. "The lead I got..." He pulls up a different screen on one of the complimentary monitors. It's all the data that he has managed to gain on their father thus far. "He's been working with the Mint Eye alone, which makes things easier. In order to save Y/n we need him out of the way without completely exposing us or the Mint Eye." Saeran shakes with every breath he takes. His eyes are cold and his skin has yet to regain its color. He doesn't want to do anything. He doesn't want to move, to breathe, to live... but for Y/n, he has to. "I'm working on finding evidence while staying under the Mint Eye's radar."

Saeyoung pulls up a chair next to his brother and listens to his soft voice. He's pushing himself. "What should I do?"

"Monitor the chats and try to find out the layout of the base." Saeran is already back to working on something else as he speaks. "Find a way into their security cameras, but don't use it yet. We can't let them know what we're up to."

Saeyoung watches his younger brother's back in amazement. He's even more skilled than he was before. It's scary to say the least. "I'll get right on that." Saeyoung hesitates before leaving his brother alone. He probably just wants to focus on working. He probably can't stand to see Saeyoung's face. But he's probably blaming himself for all of this. The red head stops in the doorway before turning back to gaze at his talented brother. "What happened is not your fault." For the second time, Saeran's fingers pause for a split second. "I'm sure Y/n knows that too... And we will save her. We will, so take care of yourself. For Y/n's sake too, okay?"

There is a long pause before anything is said. Saeyoung almost moves to leave when Saeran open his mouth again. "...Okay."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"Y/n." The Savior perches herself gently on the side of her bed. She has given Y/n one of the most exclusive rooms in the new Magenta building. It's only third to her own, which is on the same floor as almost all of the high ranking officials sleep on this level. She is saving the second best room for Ray, but it can be fixed to accommodate the two of them. If they obey, that is. The Savior runs her fingers down the side off the younger woman's face, wiping away at the tears slipping out of her sleeping eyes. "It's been a full day since you're arrival. Your body is already healing, so wake up and allow me to heal your mind as well."

Y/n doesn't stir. Bandages are wrapped around her head tightly and beneath the covers, the Savior knows there are more. "Stupid girl." Just like Ray, she is inexplicably useful, but, just like him, she also has her major self destructive pitfalls. "I'll save you."

Luckily Y/n didn't break any bones and thanks to Dr. Yun's hard work, she should be good as new in a few day's time. That doesn't change MC blatant failure. A knock sounds at the door just as Rika begins to tuck her fingers into Y/hair. With a sigh, she releases the girl and stands up to her full height. "Enter."

Dr. Yun enters the room with a heavy duty first aid kit in his hands. "Is that for Y/n?" Rika asks as he approaches the bed where she was sitting moments before.

He removes a few few bottles and needles from the case. "The majority was for treating MC after the cleansing ceremony you gave her. I'm only giving Y/n nutrients, painkillers and antibodies. I should be able to take her stitches out tomorrow."

Rika crosses her arms beneath her chest and leans over the man's shoulder as he does his work. He inserts each needle in the girl's skin carefully. Not a single drop of blood escapes her. The world truly is beautiful. The same man that thoughtlessly takes lives can save them just as easily. Rika leans Dr. Yun's head against her bust and slides her small hands down his neck, trickling down to his chest. "Become my follower," she hums wither her sage eyes and sweet rotten smile. "A real one."

The doctor slaps the woman's hands off of him, eliciting another one of her sick giggles. "That's sexual harassment." Dr. Yun moves to pack up his supplies when the woman's hands find him again— this time wrapping around his waist from behind. "We have a deal."

"Yes, yes," Rika sighs as her nails dig into his skin. He doesn't flinch. "You do me favors and I cover up your little 'incidents'." Her touch slips up his shirt and she gently fingers the ripple of his toned frame. "But don't you ever crave something more? Don't you want to try... salvation?"

The doctor shuts his first aid kit and breaks away from the mad woman. "You're more sick then your followers, yknow that?"

Rika folds her hands in front of herself and lifts a shoulder with a knowing smile. "If I'm sick then I want to infect as many as possible before I die— so many that those that aren't infected look like fools." Her green eyes trace Y/n's form. "Then they'll become like us and we can all experience salvation together."

───────────〔✿〕───────────