Story Mode 124: Dogs Will Be Dogs

MC trails behind Rika with her fingers knotted in front of her. Passing cloaked believers greet the smiling Savior with deep bows. The building is quiet. MC's lips purse together. Rika stops at her bedroom door, sending a glance over her shoulder as her guards open the door for her. "Come in."

"Yes, my Savior."

The door shuts behind the pair. Rika slips off her black heels and drapes herself over  her bed. Her experience with Y/n is still fresh in her mind. "What is it?" She flexes her fingers, watching how the light splays against her beige painted nails. "I can tell that you have something you want to say."

MC chews her lip and lowers her head. "I was hoping that you would," she takes a breath and her voice falls to a whisper. "Stop giving Y/n that kind of treatment." MC's body winces in anticipation, but Rika hardly moves.

"Jealous?"

First there is a subtle stinging sensation, and then her pores are overworked and she's drowned in a cold sweat. Her knees rub against each other. "...there's that," she admits. "But there's also the fact that Y/n hasn't done anything wrong yet. And if we want her to be loyal to us we should be nicer."

A small giggle bubbles out of Rika's throat. Her fingers comb through her hair and she spots the 'new party coordinator's' phone laying on her floor. "She's never going to love us like we love her. I should've anticipated this level of naïveté from a dog like you." The device is almost the same length as her hand. "She's loyal to us because we hold power over her. As long as she doesn't forget that there is nothing to worry about."

Bangs hide MC's scarred eyes. Her fingers clench against her chest. "What about Saeran?" Y/n won't like her saying this, but she has no choice. This is the only way to protect her. "What if he finds out about what you're doing to her? He might try to do something against us. Like running away again."

The smile falls off of Rika's features.

Her green eyes widen.

"Get me their location right now."

MC's gut clenches. "Yes, my Savior."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"What's taking so long?!"

Rika paces the length of the dark surveillance room as MC types quickly on a computer while swiping through multiple screens. The hallways. The stairwells. The courtyards. The entrances. The exits. The parking lot. The roof. The basement. Even the cleansing room. Nothing. "I can't find them after they left your room..." MC opens up the camera files and green text begins to fly across her screen. "It's like they just disappeared."

"They were supposed to be on a damn picnic." Y/n. That sneaky bitch. She fooled her. "They aren't magicians. Search the files for corruption and find them!"

"Yes my Savior!" MC checks on the first file. It's the date for the left hallway. As she thought. It's been tampered with. She quickly follows the trail. If they go down this corridor, there is only one stairwell for them to go down. It takes her just under two minutes to find where the trail ends. "The town!" MC jumps up from her seat. "They must be escaping through the town."

"How do you know?" Rika snaps, she leans over MC's shoulder and glares at the screen. Just like the others, it displays the video of the location on a solid loop.

MC points to various lines of data, "These are signs of tampering. Saeran must have edited the cameras to repeat an hour of yesterday's data."

SLAM.

Rika's fist crashes against MC's face. The impact yanks her neck to the side and slams her head against the keyboard. "It's a decoy! You imbecile!" Her stomach knots itself and her head burns. Her fingers twist into MC's long brown hair and with two hard tugs and a kick to the bottom of the roller chair, she gets the girl on the ground in front of her. "Don't you realize that MY Saeran is better than you?!" Rika's foot burrows itself in MC's stomach. A scream bounces against the walls. Tears stream down MC's face as the wind is knock out of her. Again. And again. "That's why I need him! I need HIM! Not you!"

Rika's arm yanks up. Just as she is about to chuck the metal device in her hand at the wretched face of her believer, the woman pauses. It's Y/n's phone.

A long grin etches itself into her features. Her muscles relax and her sweet green eyes watch MC's sobbing form softly.

"Let Mama show you how it's done."