Story Mode 118: Behave

Just one more day, Y/n. We only have to pretend to be okay with everything until then.

I know it's hard... but no matter what happens, we can't act rashly.

If we get hurt or punished, we might not be able to escape together.

Y/n, I want you to be happy.

So, I beg you.

Just one more day.

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"Y/n," Rika sings as her hands float onto Y/n's shoulders. They are in the Savior's private quarters and just like the day before, Rika has her doing paperwork and managing various files. "It seems like Saeran has found some troubled children that need guidance," she looks over Y/n's work from just behind her ear. The tip of her nose drags against the cusp of her ear lightly, Rika's soft lips grazing Y/n's taught skin. "Can I trust you to behave when I step out?"

Y/n's pen doesn't stop flowing across the paper as she fills out a form regarding the cult's waste water. "Yes, my Savior."

A small chuckle leaks from Rika as she pulls away. She's has constantly been observing Y/n while she works. To say the least, Rika has learned a lot about her. "You're cute when you're obedient, if only you were cute when you tell lies too." Y/n stiffens in her seat, but doesn't move to respond. Rika doesn't press her to either. Instead, with a smirk, she slips from the room.

The moment the door is shut, Y/n throws her pen down and slumps back in her chair. Just one more day. The feeling of Rika's fingers stains her skin, growing more itchy by the second. Just one more day.

A knock sounds at the door. Thinking that they would just go away, Y/n remains quiet and focuses again on her work. If it was Rika coming back, she wouldn't knock.

The door opens.

"Y-Y/n?"

Her hand clenches tightly around the pen, her face hardening immediately. Her own gut coils into itself, the tightening spurting out a stomach ache. "You were with Rika last night," Y/n's voice shakes. "You never cared about us for a second." He knows what Rika has done and is still doing to her and Saeran and countless others. Yet V continues to have the nerve to frolic around with her. "You used us."

V's eyes dance about the room, his breath bided. The space between the door and its frame is sealed with a small click. His unfocused gaze sees through her. "Y/n... I didn't intend for this to happen."

"For your fiancée to start a cult? For hundreds to get tortured? For Saeran to get ripped away from his brother? For me to get kidnapped? Sexually harassed? Choked? Made into the Savior's 'successor'?!" Her fist slams down hard on the wooden desk, her blood boiling and her body rising from her chair. Her arms quiver at her side, her teeth clenched and her bloodshot eyes sharp piercing straight through the man. "Which part?! WHICH PART did you not intend?!"

He sinks into the wall, his knees softening beneath him and his hands coming out as a barrier between them. "Please, calm down Y/n," he licks his lips, sucking in a breath. "...I'll explain everything."

"An explanation?" Her fingers jerk to her forehead and press hard. Her body trembles with the building pressure inside her. A dry laugh and a smile dusts her lips, her hand covering her hollow eyes. "After what you put me through, do you think I want an explanation?" Her fingers squeeze, legs stiff. Her nails crack the surface of the scab disappearing into her scalp. "I want you to suffer like me, V. I want revenge! I want blood!"

Darkness always wins.

"No!"

Y/n's head snaps out of her hands at his yell, her entire form bursting into a lunge, and V rushes his arms up in surprise. His eyes shut tight, and his weak frame tenses for impact. The drugs have him too weak to retaliate. But nothing comes. Instead, Y/n's fingers prod at her gut, digging in her own surgery wound. Pain etches it self in her eyes and red stains her shirt. She stopped herself. A long breath fills V's lungs, his own rapid heart beat thundering in his ears. Slowly, he tries to speak again, this time keeping his voice low. "You're right, Y/n. This is all my fault." She doesn't budge an inch. Another breath. "But looking at you now... I think I made the right choice. I... I couldn't destroy this place because of my own selfish reasons... but if you lead it things will get better. I know that for a fact."

And then. She cracks.

Heavy laughter grown sweet with rot suffocates Jihyun's ears. It echoes against the hollow walls of his mind indefinitely, crystal clear emerald eyes of his lover staring back.

Then, she coughs and it's gone in an instant.

Instead, Y/n stands in front of him with a flat expression, wiping her blood soaked fingers off on the front of her jeans. Her voice is flat— scratchy— dry.  "If I led this place I'd burn myself and everyone in it to the ground." Did he think that she hadn't asked herself why she was even struggling so hard to live? Or that she hadn't tried to kill those that had hurt her? "The only thing left stopping me is Saeran."

V is left with nothing to say. He can no longer defend himself nor can he have any hope for the future. His heart clenches. "I love her."

It takes everything in Y/n not to react. And somehow, she succeeds. She won't let V be the one to ruin her escape with Saeran. She can't. So, she sits down at the desk in Rika's room and picks up her pen.

It's only when she gets to the third packet that Y/n notices two things. First, that V is gone. And second, that the materials listed in the newest inventory report are used to make bombs.