Chapter 55: Y/n Chops Onions Alone In Her Silent Apartment

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Y/n chops onions alone in her silent apartment. The sun has long since set. She had some extra time after work today, but Saeran missed yet another one of her calls so she just went straight home. Her phone sits just an arm's reach away from her, screen black and silent. It's been two weeks since the meal she had with Saeran and her father. If anything, she would've thought that he would be all over her. But instead, he's suddenly busy and barely has time to take even half of her calls.

"Shit." The knife in her hand slices through the soft skin on her thumb. Blood begins to pool out. It doesn't hurt, yet, so she quickly turns on her faucet and cleans the slit skin. The onion juice begins to burn the cut, but she just sucks her teeth and waits it out. When she cuts off the water, despite the pain she felt, the slice looks similar to that of a paper cut.

Her phone buzzes. The moment it her hands fly over to it an open the notification immediately.

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Day 33 8:56 PM

Zen has entered the chat.

Zen: Just left the first meeting with all the other actors~

Y/n has entered the chat.

Zen: I still can't believe that I got the main role or that they only made the script a few weeks ago and are already ready to film

Y/n: huh?

Zen: I guess this is the power of C&R...

Zen:

Y/n: oh

Y/n: oh.

Y/n: it's just the messenger.

Zen: Just the messenger...?

Zen: Were you waiting for someone else??

Jaehee has entered the chat.

Y/n: Hey Jaehee!

Y/n: You're heading to the cafe right? How's that going?

Jaehee: