Story Mode 140: Together

A knee flies and snaps Rika's head to the side. It's MC. She's missing and eye and an arm, but she extends a hand to Y/n to help her up. Only one guard is remaining. And he's grappling for a gun with Saeran.

Y/n is quick to lurch to her feet, pushing MC away and grabbing the first tool she gets her hands on from the table. It's a two pronged fork used for grilling. It's handle is firm in her hands as she jumps on the guard's back and plunges the tool in his neck, just as he gets his hands on the gun. A shot rings out. Her side burns. "Y/N!" Saeran grips the man's hand and twists his neck hard, ending whatever remaining life he had with a loud crack.

Kind hands press against her side and she leans against him. "It's just a graze."

The same insane laughter sends chills down Y/n's spine. It's not over yet. Rika stands over MC who groans as she grips her knee. She was stabbed. In Rika's hand is a remote smaller than a phone. "You thought you could escape?" She slaps herself onto the cage bars and kicks MC all with a glowing smile on her face. It's only now that Y/n notices Rika's dark bags and the scars that seem to glow in the fluorescent light of the bald bulbs. Blood drips down her pale skin. "Go ahead and try! I'll blow up this building before you can even leave this room!"

Saeran's takes a step forward, but Rika practically jumps. "HAHAHAH TRY IT! TRY IT!" She shakes the remote as if the pair couldn't see it already. Her sickly green eyes are so distant and yet so aware. "Take another step and we can all die together! Isn't that beautiful? Isn't that family?! Isn't that SALVATION?!"

"Rika." All heads swivel to the door. A head of light mint hair stands in the front of the room. He's already crying. "It's not." His lips quiver. "It's not." His feet carry him forward. Slowly. And staggered. Towards Rika. "It's not salvation. Or family. Or beautiful. It's not even love." Rika's gun presses against his forehead, her smile suddenly lost. He continues. "It's obsession."

Rika's lips quiver, and her sweaty fingers continuously adjust the weapon in her grip. V watches her softly, his hands resting on Rika's shoulders. And she pauses. Looking up at him. Like a child seeing the morning light. Or a devil discovering their reflection.

Y/n does it. Not almost. Completely. She laughs. The fucked couple rip their heads towards her. Colorful with hysteria, Y/n lifts her gun, and pulls the trigger.

She laughs.

"Y- Y/n?" It's Saeran.

She isn't even surprised when V takes the bullet for Rika. Her giggle dies and her voice is calm. Soothing. "It's okay," she sighs. "That bastard deserved to die too." Y/n smiles, a weight lifted off of her shoulders. That's right. Aside from Saeran, everyone should just die.

That's the most simple answer.

They should just die.

Y/n steps forward and looks down at V. The bullet hit him in the chest. A snicker pulls at her busted lips. "You ruined my life... this is the least you can do for me right? My dear hypocritical bastard." He doesn't respond. So she laughs. And her foot bears into his head over and over. It feels good. The screaming. The blood. The crushing of his skull between her foot and the wall— it all feels good. Right.

"Y/n." Saeran's hand touches her shoulders. No. Her eyes widen and her throat closes. No, no, No! It's disgusting. He shakes his head and his voice wavers. She's disgusting. Disgusting. "He's already dead."

Rika falls onto her knees. A chuckle bubbling to her lips as she shakes V by his shoulder. "Jihyun." He doesn't move. "Jihyun." Nothing. "Jihyun!" She grips his hair and yanks him back and forth. Blood pours onto her clothes. A tooth clinks to the ground. Rika's smile falls and her hands cup around his limp neck. "Jihyun, don't leave me, Jihyun. You're my light, Jihyun. My sun. Jihyun. Jihyun! Oh, my Jihyun!" Her hands stop and his head thuds back onto the cement. Rika's nails come to her teeth and she's biting them ragged. Her voice is quick. Finicky. "I need to break you. I need you to be there for my darkness to matter. Jihyun, I'll come home. I'll come home and we can tend to the garden together. Jihyun, please. Did you want to marry me? Why, why aren't you responding? Did you not love me? Was it all a lie? Jihyun! Hey, JIHYUN!"

A shot goes off.

Rika drops to the ground next to her lover, a bullet between her eyes. Y/n held the gun. Saeran pulled the trigger. Silence follows for a moment. The pair simply stare at the corpses before them. Rika and V. Together in death. Together in their eternal paradise. A wad of spit slaps Rika in the face. Y/n is the first to speak.

"She deserved a more painful death."

Saeran pulls Y/n into his arms, shaking his head. She crumples against him. "She doesn't matter anymore." He's warm. The light strokes on her back are enough to bring tears to her eyes again. He's warm. "Let's go home, Y/n."

She stiffens in his grip and Saeran nearly stops her from saying what on her mind. It's simple. And makes him more scared than he's ever felt before. "I can't."

"Y/n," he takes a step back and rubs his hands up and down her arms in light motions. He takes a deep breath. The glossing of his eyes only makes it harder for her. "Y/n, please. Please come home with me. You know I want to be with you."

"She can't." MC coughs, splattering blood on the floor as she rolls over on her side and clambers into a seated position. "She made a promise with me."

Saeran goes cold. As if someone splashed him with a bucket of iced water. Y/n. Y/n. His Y/n.  She doesn't meet his eyes. "Is... is this true?"

Y/n stares at the ground.

"Yes."