Story Mode 129: Together

"Saeran!"

His eyes whip back to the front of the car. There in the rear view mirror, a gang of motorcycles are speeding up behind them. In the center is none other than Rika and MC. "Fuck."

Her heart pounds in her ears, the growling of the wheels getting louder and louder. They don't have time. Y/n turns to the man in the driver's seat. "How many bullets do you have left?"

"Four." There are eight motorcycles.

"Let me drive." Y/n's fingers bite into her palms. "Slam the breaks and we'll switch."

A younger believer on a bright red bike pulls forward, the man behind him has a long gun brandished, focused entirely on one of the back tires. They're too close. Saeran doesn't waste a beat. He hits the breaks and the tires scream as something smashes into the back of the truck. A scream fills the air as six of the motorcycles rush past them still at full speed. In addition to the one that got too close, another motorcycle wasn't able to dodge in time and crashed into the treeline during a pathetic attempt to live. "Y/n! Now!"

Her seatbelt flies off with a click as does his. The motorcycles circle around in front of them. Y/n slips beneath Saeran as he jumps up and they switch spots. Y/n's hand finds the stick shift just as Saeran's finger finds the trigger. They rip it back at the same time.

The truck slams forward sending a bike flipping above them just as another loses control and falls over at the side of the road. Headshot. Saeran's hand is still as he holds the pistol just outside the window. Just like that the motorcyclists are down to four.

"They're getting behind us again!" The remaining four drop their speed and fall back in order to shoot the wheels from Y/n's blind spot. "Should I try to shake them? Or focus on getting across the bridge?"

"Bridge. And hold the truck as steady as possible." He puts the gun in his mouth, unbuckles, and then in steady movements, draws out a long length of seatbelt. Before Y/n can yell at him to stop, Saeran throws open his door and leans his entire torso out over the road rushing beneath him with only the seatbelt to hold him up. His arm is steady. Headshot. Headshot.

Two left.

"What the fuck?!" A whirlwind of chopping hits the cloudy sky above them. "Do you hear that?!"

In the small moment Saeran's head flicks up to the sky, a large gun is pointed straight at his chest. The believer smirks.

A gun fires.

It's Rika.

Her believer's eyes widen in shock as he looks down a barrel. A laughs boils out of Rika and she squeezes MC tightly. "Useless bastard. How dare he try to hurt my baby." Rika shot the man before he had a chance to fire at Saeran. A crazed smirk grows on her features, the distance between them and the escaping truck shrinking.

Saeran ducks back into his seat and slams the door. There's only one motorcycle left. The bridge is just a little further away. "Saeran, is that sound—?"

He doesn't get a chance to respond. It appears in front of them, charging straight down at them from the sky. It's a goddamn helicopter. "We have to turn around!" The aircraft's nose is tipped down, right at the center of the bridge. It's a suicide mission that will also result in Y/n's and Saeran's deaths if they don't get away fast enough. "There's another path out through the nearby town. We'll get ahead, abandon the truck and continue on foot."

Going straight is one thing, but turning in a large cargo truck is another. Y/n's fingers grip the steering wheel and rip it to the right, charging right for the patch of woods just at the edge of the sheer cliff. The headlights burst as it smashes into the wood and the tires screech as one in the front fail to catch ground, swinging over the edge of the cliff. Any later and they would've been done for. With a wide whipping motion, the truck turns around completely and Y/n floors it in the direction of the cult. Now in front of the truck, the cult leader drives her motorcycle just as fast.

The drowning chopping of the helicopter is soon replaced with screaming cracks of the the wooden bridge getting crushed, joining with crush and screech of metal as the helicopter smashes into the side of the cliff. The loud bang jolts through the mountain, causing Y/n to jump. Saeran's hand falls on her shoulder. "Hit the breaks. Let's use this time to hide in the forest." His voice is steady amidst the chaos. "They won't be organized or have enough people, so we can make it out on foot."

"Ok!" Her foots slams down hard on the breaks, both of their arms flying across the other's chest to hold them back as the truck jerks forward. In an instant their seatbelts are off and Saeran hops out of his side of the car. When Y/n slides to get out after him, his hands fly up, catch her waist and placing her safely on the ground. "Run close to me and tell me once you start getting tired. I'll carry you."

His hand extends to her. She clasps it tightly with a nod. "Alright."

"This way."

Quick on his toes, Saeran breaks into a sprint with Y/n just a stumble behind him. The dry dirt road transitions to soft green grass, but they come to a halt before they can break through the tree line. Y/n's breath is snatched from her lungs. Saeran takes a step in front of her, covering her body with his. His fists clench. In front of them, MC steps out from the shadows of the trees, a gun much larger than the pistol that Saeran has been using pointing at his chest. Her a body is a mess. Her cloak is dark with blood and covered in the dirt road's beige dust. Debris from the explosion litters her hair in large chunks and dark bruises and wounds caked with dirt cover her face.

"Move... and I kill Saeran." MC's lip is swollen and sticking out likea thumb, it's skin busted and growing a dark green. Her dark gaze flickers to the man at the end of her barrel. "And don't get self-sacrificial. You know what I'll do to her once you're gone."