Story Mode 37: Gotta Go, Love You, Bye~!

**D/n will stand for Dad's Name**

───────────〔✿〕───────────

A group of school kids run out of the bakery with ice cream cones in their hands. The brats never have enough money but if they show him a good test score from that week in school, he always end up giving them a discount. The white door doesn't slam as the smallest child runs out. D/n looks up. "Yo," the teacher says as he leans against the old door frame.

D/n stops scrubbing the counter and quickly dries a section off for the man to sit. "Mr. Mong, you're not gonna believe what Y/n told me last week," the baker boasts with a proud smile as he goes to get the math teacher his usual afternoon snack.

"I have news for you too," the teacher says to his friend's back as he pulls out some papers to grade. "But what did Y/n tell you? Did she finally get a boyfriend?" The baker laughs, hardily and with his entire gut, as if it's something he'd never have to worry about. "Hey, you never know! I hear those Seoul boys are something else."

"Whatever," The baker shakes his head as his laughter leaves behind a smile. "Y/n said that she got a promotion!" D/n pulls out a can of whip-cream and sets it next to the slice of his brownie ice cream cake. "And you'll never guess her new position," the man doesn't give his friend time to try before blurting it out. "She's just two steps down from the future CEO!"

The math teacher's eyebrows jump up to his hairline and his bit of cake falls off his fork and back onto his plate. "No way. Didn't you say she was at a big corporation too?!"

"Yes!" The man pulls a business card out of his wallet. He pretended like he didn't believe Y/n at first and forced her to send him her new business card to prove it. In reality, he just wanted something to show off. "C&R," he pronounces slowly as he flashes the card with his daughter's name.

Mr. Mong's smile falls slightly and he tries to reach for the card. The baker snatches it away and quickly stores it back in his wallet. "C &R..." the teacher places down his fork and pulls out his phone. He had just happened to see the gossip section of the news that day when he saw someone familiar. He passes his phone to his friend, the smile now gone from both of their faces. "I think Chiffy is dating the current CEO."

"Shit!" The baker nearly drops the phone. The math teacher takes the device back, the image of Chiffy and an attractive older man still bright on the screen. The baker's jaw clenches and his hand goes through (what's left of) his hair. "I need to call Y/n."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

~~Over the Phone~~

Dad: Hey how's my new recipe coming along?

Y/n: Oh I was planning on working on it this weekend

Y/n: Why, is Mr. Mong waiting for it?

Dad: I was hoping to get a taste of it when I go visit you this weekend

Y/n: What?!

Y/n: You didn't say anything about coming by to visit!

Dad: I was gonna make it a surprise, but figured you would be mad

Y/n: So instead you decided to give me short notice?! Now I have to actually clean my apartment