Story Mode 96: Ready For the Rendezvous

───────────〔✿〕───────────

~~ Over the Phone ~~

Prime Minister Choi: Do you understand what kind of deals and favors I had to make to cover up what you lunatics pulled at the village?! What are you gonna give me to make up for it HUH?

Believer: Patience~

Choi: No! Get me my damn money!

Believer: You sound stressed...

Believer: Perhaps you would like to try one of the ceremonies that we—

Choi: Get me my damn MONEY.

Choi: I will expose your whole cult! Hold up your damn side of the deal!

Believer: We both know that if you do that, we will release the truth about your sons

Choi: You need my support.

Choi: I can get a number of your smaller believers taken into custody for their personal offenses. I did my research. I know how many of you are convicted criminals and are running away from the law

Believer: I'm impressed. As expected of the country's Prime Minister

Choi: My money.

Believer: Very well.

Believer: The amount we agreed upon will be wired to your account.

Choi: Only half. I need you to get the other half to me in cash

Believer: Any explanation as to why?

Choi: I can't have so much money coming into an account at once... We need to keep this as discreet as possible or else we're both fucked

Believer: Please refrain from such vulgar language... it's quite crude

Choi: God this is why I hate you lunatics

Choi: Meet me behind the cargo at the shipyard in two days' time just after sundown

Believer: I take it that we will both be coming armed...?

Choi: Feel free to come unarmed and let me know how my bullets taste

Believer: Only if you give our elixir a taste

Choi: Just bring my damn money!

~~ End of Call ~~

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Silence coats the basement like a thin layer of dust. Hazy light trickles in through the vent-sized boarded windows that line the top of the unfinished walls. It's the first time Seven has seen Saeyoung away from the computer in the forty-eight hours that Y/n has been kidnapped. Saeran opens a black case and retrieves a pistol from inside of it. Seven flinches as he watches. When had he learned how to use such a weapon? Saeran's pale fingers work fast and effortlessly around the weapon. With just a few flicks and clicks, the safety is off and the bullets are carefully loaded.

He holds the gun down at his side and aims at the target on the far end of the unfinished basement. He doesn't take any stance. Using both hands to steady his grip, he pulls the trigger. BANG. The first bullet embeds itself into the wall. Saeran lowers one of his hands and fires the weapon with his remaining dominant one. BANG. Then, the man begins to roam the room as he shoots. BANG. BANG. BANG. By the time Saeran finishes off all the bullets in the chamber, Saeyoung no longer jumps at the sound of them hitting the target and he finds a moment to call out to his brother.

"Is this all... necessary?"

Saeran pulls the poster down from the wall, only a single hazy wave of light puncturing through its center. "You know who we are dealing with." He crumples the poser beneath his arm and puts the safety lock back on the gun.

Saeyoung nods slightly, "Then do you think that the recording of that call and whatever we get from the rendezvous will be enough to stop him?"

"It will have to be," Saeran finishes packing away the guns and steps into a haze of light. Sweat beads on his pale skin and his red tank top covers little of his defined arms and chest. He's changed so much since they first reunited. "We can't release too much about the Mint Eye while Y/n is still there and we can't have the world knowing about us until after we've brought down the cult."

Saeyoung tosses a small towel at his brother who snatches it out of the air. Ever since Saeran started doing field work for his brother, he's been gotten more athletic and started working out more regularly. It's hard to think that he's the same guy that would cry over dropped ice cream when they were kids. "How do you think she's doing?"

Saeran stops in his tracks to go up stairs. His mint green gaze swings over his shoulder and falls on Saeyoung. "Y/n... she's strong. But no one is invincible... I have to hope for the best."

When Y/n first joined the RFA they got to see the side of her that is strong enough to put herself in uncomfortable situations for what she thinks is right. Even when it comes to her love for Saeran, she's always been more expressive than the rest of the RFA. "At very least, I feel like Y/n won't let them manipulate her easily."

"I know." Saeran's hand balls into a fist over his chest. Rika craves obedience from those around her. If they don't give it to her willingly, she takes it by force. "That's what scares me the most."

───────────〔✿〕───────────