Story Mode 71: Enjoy The Free Food

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"Jumin... are you sure it's okay for me to go to this dinner?" Y/n sits next to Jumin in his luxury vehicle as they head to the location. Her ankles are crossed lightly and her posture is quite decent. The dress code for the dinner is quite different from what she expected. Rather than a suit, Jumin had insisted that she wears one of the many dresses that he had prepared for Jaehee. Luckily, the person he bought them for was able to switch the dresses out to Y/n's size in time. "It kind of seems less businessy than I thought."

Jumin closes his eyes as he relaxes in his seat next to Y/n. He hadn't suspected that the dress would look this good on her. The black fabric hugs all her curves in the right places and shows enough to make one curious while retaining her integrity. It's the only way to keep his eyes from wandering. "We won't be discussing deals, but maintaining good relationships is crucial to successful business."

"That's true," Y/n gives in and decides to just enjoy the free food and free dress. "Oh, thank you so much for letting me borrow your car the other day. And for staying quiet about what happened, as well as all of all of this stuff," she gestures to her entire outfit.

His eyes open and he looks over to his assistant's assistant. "There's no need to thank me."

Y/n smiles in thanks. "Does your head hurt? Or are you tired? You've been closing your eyes for a while now."

"Ah," he turns his eyes to the front where his driver handles the car. "I'm fine."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"Wow," Y/n looks around the large restaurant in awe as Jumin guides her through the building. His hand rests on the small of her back, carefully avoiding the exposed skin of her back. "There are so many celebrities here." Cameras flash around them and people bustle past. Y/n steps closer into Jumin's side to avoid getting separated from him. "Do you ever get used to this?"

Jumin leads her to a large staircase and lightly urges her to walk in front of him instead of behind. She takes the first steps up the empty stairs and he sticks just a breath behind her. "I'm just as much of a celebrity as most of these people here, you know. Just for a different reason."

"That's true." Y/n and Jumin make it to the top floor of the restaurant where it's much quieter. "But some of them seem so... superficial." The pair meet one of the many hosts of the restaurant who promptly escorts them to a spectate section of the restaurant.

In front of a large window with a city view is a table for four. Two of said seats are already taken. "Whoah, whoah, whoah," Y/n pauses mid-stride as she recognizes the people at the table. She catches Jumin's sleeve and pulls him to a stop as well, "Why are Madame Chiffon and Mr. Chairman here? Oh, this is a family meeting, isn't it? I really shouldn't be here."

"It's business," Jumin assures. "Madame Chiffon is a cast member of a C&R production and my father is the owner of the company. Just think about it that way."

Y/n nods. He's not wrong. "Alright," she releases his jacket. "I don't want to keep them waiting."

The pair make it over to the table. Unsurprisingly, Jumin sits in front of his father, leaving Y/n the seat in front of his soon to be mother in law. She whispers her thanks to the waiter that pulled her seat out for her. "Oh my," the Chairman smiles brought and looks over to his fiancée. "I thought you were bringing your assistant like usual. I don't believe I've been introduced to this young lady before."

Chiffon clutches her glass tightly as she stiffly brings the glass to her lips. This is the closest she's ever been to Y/n since she was born. She's an adult now. And she's beautiful. And sitting just across from her. The Chairman smiles at her and she manages to return it as she takes a sip from her glass of water.

Jumin sighs, but obeys his father's implied request nonetheless. "This is my newest assistant Y/n L/n. In addition to being the Party Coordinator for the RFA, she works in conjunction with Assistant Kang on managing my schedule and various C&R projects." He makes eye contact with Y/n. "This is my father, the CEO and Chairman of C&R, and his fiancée Madame Chiffon."

A somewhat nervous smile bounces on Y/n's features as she bows as best she can while sitting at the table. "It's an honor to meet you both. I never thought that I'd have the opportunity to share a meal with such bright and successful people."

The chairman's smile grows even wider. By nature, he can't help but enjoy getting buttered up by beautiful women. "The pleasure is all ours." Still, his real excitement come from seeing Y/n with his son. Perhaps there may be more than one marriage coming soon in the Han family future.

"Yes," Chiffon adds on, the actress in her winning over her nerves. "I've heard a lot about you from Zen while on set. I've been looking forward to meeting you at the party, but seeing you here today is quite the pleasant surprise."

Before Y/n can continue on the topic of Zen, Mr. Chairman asks the million dollar question. "So... Jumin," he looks between them young pair before him. "Are you and Y/n together?"

───────────〔✿〕───────────