Story Mode 80: Ray's Plea and the Twisted Media

Jumin turns off his constantly buzzing phone and undoes his tie. Shit. One look at a social media platform was all it took to get an understanding of the situation. He falls into a seat in the hospital's meeting room that they're borrowing. "Assistant Kang. This can not wait for Y/n to regain her consciousness. Call everyone here, even Yoosung, and organize a meeting to debrief the situation. We are going to need everyone's help in order to fix this."

Jaehee's heart sinks. Jumin never reacts to the media this way. He normally just brushes it off. Is it because of Y/n? No. This is not the time for such questions. "Yes sir."

Within the hour, everyone aside from Luciel and V with the addition of D/n and Chiffon, manage to make it to the meeting. Luciel at least said he is on his way, but there is still nothing from V. Since no one could be with her, Jumin assigned two guards to watch over Y/n in her hospital room and two to wait outside of it. They won't be taking any chances. Jaehee loads her slideshow to the projector and takes the stand. "Before I start with the knowledge that Mr. Han and I have collected, would anyone like to share any information on what is going on?"

Yoosung is the only one to raise his hand. Jaehee calls on him. "Umm," He begins, "Wouldn't the one that knows best be the doctor? Why are we having a meeting about Y/n's health? Can't we just ask someone?"

Ray's frown deepens. "Someone here is hiding something. This is about more than just Y/n's health." His eyes are cold and his back is straight in his seat. Even D/n couldn't conjure up a smile for him after seeing his expression. "Come out and say it now. I won't forgive anyone that brings harm to Y/n." The air gets sucked out of the room. Not a soul dares to move.

"In that case—"

"For Y/n." Ray's voice comes out just above a whisper, "Say it now, for Y/n."

A chair screeches as it's pushed back. Nerves rack her gut, but Chiffon hides it and stands beside Jaehee who makes room for her. D/n makes eye contact with his summer fling and nods. He doesn't know what's going on, but it seems it's time for the truth to come out. He just wishes that it didn't have to be this way.

"I-" Nerves spill out of her, but she forces herself to go forward. "I am Y/n's b- biological mother." She closes her eyes and ignores the reactions from the group before her, in an effort to get the information out before she changes her mind. "I considered abortion, but didn't go through with it in the end. After that, I was too ashamed to face her— no. That's not true. After that," she tries again as the tears start to spill out. "After that, I was too absorbed in myself and my own career that I decided to abandon Y/n and her father. I only ever contacted them to send money and sometimes didn't even want to do that." She covers her eyes as she screams out everything that's she's kept bottled up for years. "Now that I've seen her— like really taken a good look at her— I've been wanting to call her my daughter even though I only thought of her as a mistake. And now," she sniffles. "Because of me, someone is threatening her!" Sobs rip through her and knock her down onto her knees. No one can tell who she is crying for. Y/n, who just went under a risky surgery, or herself, a celebrity with a dark past.

D/n is the only one to move. He leaves his seat and walks to her side. Without saying anything, he puts an arm under hers and brings her into a standing position. Even if they have moved on, the truth remains that she was once the one that he wanted to spend that rest of his life with. No matter what, D/n isn't the type of man that can leave such a precious person crying on their own.

"Y/n is being threatened?" Jaehee repeats. She can't hide the astonishment from seeping into her face and voice. "By who? It's not related to the media, is it?"

"I don't know..." Chiffon takes her seat with her ex's help and starts to get herself back together. "I never got a name or saw their face. They would only call me and tell me what to do or else she'd expose my relationship with Y/n."