Story Mode 39: It's Your Last Warning

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Sweat trickles down Ray's forehead as his gloved hands drive a trowel into the hard ground. He's been spending his time building up a garden at his brother's house. Seven prohibited him from hacking until he got better, though he hasn't had a reason nor a desire to continue doing it anyway. Before he met Y/n, he felt like he was just existing. Just breathing. Just eating. Just taking up space. Just not dead yet.

But ever since he went to the garden with her, he felt himself starting to change. Waking up began to be easier. Keeping up with his meals started to be less of a hassle. Even thinking about the future has become something he can find joy doing. Thanks to Y/n he's finally feeling alive again. And she didn't hurt him once in the process.

When the hole in the dirt is large enough, Ray carefully plants the baby tree. Although it's small and has lived its life in a bucket until now, it's small flowers have already begun to bloom. He smiles. He secures the tree in an upright position and carefully covers it's roots and lower trunk with dirt. Once finished, he adds some fertilizer and waters the plant gently.

"Saeran." Saeyoung approaches him from the front of the house. His normal smile is wiped from his face and stress is engraved in his features. He hands a white and green envelope to his twin. "It was taped to the door... you need to read this."

Ray,

It seems you still fail to see the truth. It's quite disappointing. Savior goes on and on claiming that you were the strongest believer of us all. She puts you over us— over me— and makes you out to be the staple believer. Her favorite. And yet, you ran away from the reverie of salvation straight into the blinding light. Are you incapable of withstanding its temptation? Must you continue to be a failure that— worse than a dog— can't even find its way home? You're weak, Ray. Just like I always said. You're weak. I've come to think that perhaps you're the sick lamb that we must sacrifice for salvation. Perhaps you always were.

Ray, this Mint Eye is a safe haven for people with no purpose like you. We, the believers of the Mint Eye, welcome you. Come back to Magenta, Ray. Come back to us. The longer you stay in the world of the light, the more you will be hurt. It hurts, Ray. I know it does. Welcome the darkness's cool embrace again.

Don't let Y/n fool you, Saeran. There is only one place a monster like you can belong. Give up on those lies they've been feeding you and the unattainable dreams they've implanted in your head. They'll never accept you. Only we will.

The Mint Eye is watching.

For eternal paradise.

"Saeran," Saeyoung mumbles as his brother clutches the letter in his hands. Tears well in his eyes and something darker grows underneath. Saeyoung finds himself wrapping his arms around his brother for the first time in months. Saeran doesn't resist. "I think we should move."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Day 16 3:26 PM

Y/n has entered the chat.

Jaehee has entered the chat.

Y/n: Jaehee, I've been meaning to ask you this but wtf is up with these recommendations that you've been giving lololololololol

Y/n: Like Sigmund Fraud and a Facemask???