Story Mode 87: V's Plan

"'Where is the doctor?'" Saeyoung echoes. "We have information that he's on the run. Jumin reported his actions to the police, so they're out looking for him now."

Saeran's sweaty hands clench and unclench at his sides. His blood runs cold. "You're telling me that you don't know the location of the Mint Eye member that has had the most contact with Y/n?! He's the reason that she's in the hospital right now!"

V puts his hands lightly in front of him, half reaching out to the younger man and half in a loose defense. "We are working on finding him, R— Saeran," he explains slowly and carefully. "We need you to work for us so that we can do a better job protecting Y/n."

Saeran shakes his head. He knows better. He knows better. If V's goal was to protect Y/n, he would've never brought her to the RFA. Hell, if he wanted to even protect the RFA, he would've had the organization disbanded. V is trying to use him. Just like Rika did.

"We have to tear down your father if we want to stop the Mint Eye," V continues to explain. "With government backing they're too resistant to the law and have little trouble in terms of financial—"

"You're telling me that the love of my life is in danger, but instead of protecting her you want me to play your little game?" A chuckle chokes out of Saeran's throat. "I'm sick and tired of your bullshit." His hands flies to the door handle and he yanks hard. The door doesn't budge. He yanks again.

Nothing.

"I'm sorry..." Saeyoung whispers. "V wanted me to make sure that you don't leave in the middle, so I..." He installed a baby lock on the passenger seat door.

"You're trying to keep me here," the words fall loosely out of Saeran's lips. Dark tension builds in him, firing up his muscles. The softness of the chair and the pain of holding back disappears. Hot anger floods his senses. His jaw clenches tightly. "Y/n," the name comes out stiff in his mouth. "Y/n is up there waiting for me. She is in danger. The man who hurt her is on the loose." His heart pounds in his chest, his rib cage feeling too small. "Let me out. Please."

V crosses his legs. "No."

Saeyoung doesn't have time to diffuse the situation. Saeran lurches to the back of the car, his hands immediately wrapping around V's throat. The head of the RFA flails hopelessly beneath him, clawing at him, kicking, and struggling to breathe. It doesn't work. V is too injured to do any real damage and Saeran is too blinded to even care if he did.

Saeyoung's heart stops. His most two precious people in the world are trying to kill each other in his car. Tears sting at his eyes. "You know something's going to happen to her," Saeran screams at the top of his lungs. "You know that the security Saeyoung installed at Y/n's place is too strong for them to break into like I did for MC." Saeyoung's body jolts at his brother's words. This can't be right. Saeyoung has been doing this to help protect Y/n. There's no way that V knew something he didn't and did this to put her in harms way. ...Right? "You want them to kidnap her don't you?! That's why you lured me out!" Saeran screams, V's face steeps an even darker red from the lack of oxygen. "That's why you want to keep me here!" His hands are a tightening cord. "That's why you invited Y/n to the RFA!" Saeyoung can't stand to watch anymore. He swings his door open and dodges around to the back of the car to the door nearest his twin brother. Saryoung yanks open the door for Saeran just in time to hear the last of his painful revelation. "All so that you could be with that damned witch again!"

"Saeran!" Saeyoung holds the exit side open for his twin. "Didn't I tell you before?!" His brother slowly looks over his shoulder, revealing the undeniable fear that paralyzed his features. His hands remain tightly on V's throat. "I hope you're only showing this side of you to me. It's not going to end well if Y/n sees this part of you."

His hands drop. His legs climb like beast over V's gasping and limp form until her finally slides out of the car door. His cold glare digs deep into his brother. It doesn't matter if Saeyoung is helping him out right now. He's the one that put him in this situation. It's clear where his loyalties lie.

Saeran brushes past his twin, his gaze setting itself on the hospital in the distance. Y/n. "It doesn't matter what part of me I show Y/n. I love her. I want to protect her." He turns around, ready to run back to the hospital. He has been unable to shake his bad feeling. "And I'll do whatever it takes. Even if she ends up hating me in the process."

Then, Saeyoung's phone begins to screech and buzz. "Saeran, wait!" The red head takes one look at the notification. His heart sinks. "Y/n's phone..." His eyes meet his brother's as he turns around.

"It's been hacked."