𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘩

───※ ·❆· ※───
« epigraph »

Seasons swept by; winter, spring, summer, autumn and repeat, yet her eyes remained the same. The same dullness, the same response, the same sight. I wondered when she'd say something other than the same rehearsed words, I wondered when I had last seen her.

Maybe it made me a fool, to wait while everyone else moved on, to cling onto something that only existed in the past, to hope for a future with someone who couldn't see her own.

Maybe they were fools, for giving up on her long before she even gave up on herself. For being deceived so easily, refusing to see the grey spaces amidst the black and white.

Maybe it was her fault, her creed, her insanity. But even then, could I blame her? I only had myself to blame for wanting to hold her in my arms one last time and not her body.

Perhaps, it was no one's fault but hope. Hope that led me to believe she could be saved.

───※ ·❆· ※───
« disclaimer »

Copyright © megumiiseyelashes 2020

The Naruto franchise does not belong to me, it belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. All forms of this publication may not be reproduced or plagiarised in any form including websites or real life text. Also, stealing is so not cool, put effort into your own writing rather than steal someone else's hard work smh.

───※ ·❆· ※───
« arcs »

—> Arc I | Resistance ✔️
—> Arc II | Acceptance ✔️
—> Arc III | Change ✔️
—> Arc IV | Recognition ✔️
—> Arc V, Part I | Accursed ✔️
— > Arc V, Part II | Forget Me Not ✔️

───※ ·❆· ※───
« authors note »

Hey dudes, thank you for picking my book. Before you head on reading, there are a few things I'd like to mention.

1. This book revolves around character development. Character development takes time, there's no way I'm going to rush the process, it's unrealistic and I like it when books contain elements of growth.

2. This is obviously a Naruto fanfic, but I'm not following the canon plot line above the Chunin exam arc. You would notice that many elements have changed, those are intentional.

3. Character personalities have been adjusted in accordance to how their lives are in this new adaptation. Please don't complain that the characters don't act like themselves, things may be a little confusing at first but everything will be explained as you read on.

4. This book contains mature themes such as suicide, mental health and serious aspects of Naruto that haven't been mentioned in the anime. A little heads up, the ending has a darker tone. I like to focus on angst, familial and friendship bonds and general relationships that characters seem to have with one another.

5. The beginning might seem boring, the purpose of the first arc is to build up character and allow you to get used to the current plot line. I promise it gets really good!

6. I'm not a professional writer. Please keep in mind that my writing progressively changes throughout the book. I had started to write this book in the near beginning of 2020 and it is now 2022, times have changed and my writing is also changing as well. I am young and still discovering new ways of creating a story and bringing it to life. That being said, there are going to be mistakes that I might have overlooked while editing, please ignore them for the time being!

7. My original characters belong to me, so don't steal my baby Dawn (and my other babies) otherwise I will go all mama bear and cut you bitch. With that being said, this isn't a x reader story, I have inputted my own character as well as many other original characters.

8. This story has depictions of other character perspectives and development. There are individual story lines.

9. Votes and comments are highly appreciated and immense motivation for writers! :)

[I know I've already mentioned this, but this book was written over a very long period of time. My writing is progressively changing, there will be grammatical, spelling and tense errors, I am very much aware. That is not to say that my writing is terrible, please do not be put off by this warning, I take pride in my writing. It's just to assure you that I have taken these mistakes into consideration and will edit this book once it has finished.]