Wonders, Wishes and Dreams

Something else was out there. You knew that earth was not alone in the universe and always dreamt of travelling the stars. Everyone called you crazy but you had seen the most extraordinary things with your own eyes. Spaceships in the sky, shop window dummies that came to life, metal men terrorising the streets and even killer Christmas trees! You could never look at Santa the same way again! There was also that day that an entire hospital disappeared of the face of the earth, and it rained upwards!

You'd seen some weird and wonderful things in your lifetime, but the day that stayed the most imprinted in your mind, was the day that the entire earth moved; the whole world was plunged into darkness and other planets appeared spectacularly in the sky. You came eye to eye with one of the deadliest, fearsome and evil creatures to have ever existed. Their cold, heartless metal shells of a body and staring eyestalks that looked straight through you like you were nothing. They still haunted your dreams every night. Their menacing metallic voices still echoed inside your head. They showed no mercy, they were the Daleks. You were Ten years old when you faced them, that was the day you lost everything.

Even though there was so much proof (it was even on the news for god's sake!) that these things happened, people did not talk about them. It was like they chose to forget. It was too impossible for them to even comprehend or remember it. They were just stories to them. You knew that it was real, you never stopped believing.

You were sitting at home, staring at your laptop screen in front of you. You had your legs crossed comfortably whilst sitting on your squashy sofa. You lived alone. A large glass of wine was in one hand, and you were wearing your pyjamas. They were red and silky and just a little bit on the sexy side, this thought made you laugh a little. You were expecting company later, this was just another average evening for you.

You were thinking and typing up all your ideas and thoughts that were running through your mind. You did this a lot; you did your research. All these extraordinary events had one thing in common, one person connecting them. A curious man and a blue police box. You knew his name was the doctor and that he was a traveller. You also knew that he was the one that had saved the world on numerous occasions and put a stop to any suffering. He righted the wrongs and protected the planet. How you wished you could meet him one day!

Suddenly you felt a peculiar feeling. You felt Goosebumps appear across your whole body and the hair on the back of your neck stand up. You began to feel dizzy and everything started becoming blurry. You felt your grip disappear, your laptop fell to the floor and the glass of wine in your hand started to spill and fall, but it felt like everything was going in slow motion. Your last thought was 'shit! How strong was that wine?" before a blinding white light surrounded you, and then everything went black.