Bullet

You nodded. She gently tugged it and pulled it up to reveal your abdomen.

You looked down; the wound definitely looked worse than what it was. The doctor quickly scanned you with her sonic and applied some pressure to stop the bleeding. You let out a small cry and grit your teeth.

"sorry" she said, "You were right, and you are incredibly lucky. The bullets not gone through anything other than skin, tissue and muscle.  "It's still a serious injury though and the bullets still in there, i'm sorry, but I'm going to have to pull it out" she sighed.

You gulped slightly, feeling panic begin to take hold.

The doctor gently placed her hand on your cheek, "It's going to be ok, I'll distract you and talk you though it" she smiled.

She stopped applying pressure and grabbed a syringe with some local anaesthetic in.

"Close your eyes and squeeze my hand" she said.

You did as she said and felt the sharp sting of the needle entering your skin. It was quickly over though.

You opened your eyes, looking into the doctors, she was lent over you and you thought how beautiful she looked, you managed to remain calm.

"Your doing really well, the next bit will be a little painful, I'm afraid" she said with worry.

She placed her hands on your toned abdomen to look at your wound more closely. You couldn't help thinking how wonderful they felt against your skin, you felt your heartbeat increase.

"Someone works out" she said smiling at you. You made sure to exercise and keep in shape.

"Like what you see?" you laughed.

She began to gently trace her finger over the outline of your abdominal muscles and you felt a tingle run down your spine. "She really does know how to distract me" you thought.

"I'm going to try and get the bullet out now" she said, picking up some tweezers, "Try and stay calm" she said.

She lent over you and you felt a sharp pain in your side, you jumped slightly, pushing her away.

"It's ok (y/n), I really need to get it out" she said, gently encouraging you to lay back down.

"I'm so sorry, this will hurt a bit" she said.

You placed your hand on her other shoulder and squeezed it slightly as she got back to work.

You were trying not to scream.

"That's it, your doing really well, almost there" she said.

You could feel the tweezers rummaging around in your side and felt slightly sick.

You looked up at the doctors face, she was concentrating hard, luckily her face wasn't as funny as when she played the piano. 

You looked into her eyes and could feel yourself relax a little. You loosened the grip you had on her shoulder. A stray bit of hair fell down the side of her face and you gently tucked it behind her ear. You rested your hand on the back of her neck and could not help but play with her hair slightly.

"Got you!" the doctor said excitedly. She pulled the bullet out with the tweezers and placed it in a mental dish.

"I've just got to stitch you up, your doing amazing" she smiled at you.

You tensed up, hating the sensation of needles, but you didn't move your hand from the back of the doctor's neck.

Your breathing became a bit more rushed and you began to feel a little woozy.

"Hey, stay with me" the doctor said, "Nearly done".

"Have you ever been in love Doctor?" you blurted out. You shocked yourself, you hadn't processed this thought, it just shot out of your mouth. You blushed.

She didn't seem phased, "I'm over two thousand years old (y/n), of course I've been in love" she looked at you.

"I have loved a few special people; I've been married and am also widowed" her eyes filled with sadness.

"Sorry" you said, moving your hand to stroke her cheek with your thumb.

"What about you?" the doctor asked.

"I suppose so" you said, "I've really liked a few people, but I've only been properly in love once" you sighed.

"Turns out I wasn't the only one he loved, he broke my heart and I've never trusted anybody to take care of it since" you said.

She looked at you, taking in what you said.

"Of course, I enjoy the odd fling and one-night stand" you laughed, "but to truly love again would be amazing" you sighed.

The doctor looked at you with sadness in her eyes, she smiled kindly at you.

"All done" she said putting a dressing over your wound. "Just going to give you some antibiotics to prevent infection and some pain relief" you felt a needle prick the top of your arm and jumped slightly.

"You did amazingly!" she smiled, "Didn't pass out on me, this time" she teased.

You laughed, "Thank you Doc, I wouldn't have been so calm if it were someone else doing it" you said.

You went to get up but the doctor stopped you.

"You need to rest (y/n), you look woozy and lets not forget I had to carry you in here" she said.

"I will do, once we've sorted out what's going on out there" you replied.

She looked at you at you with concern.

"I think it's best if you leave that to us (y/n), you've just been shot and you're not on particularly good terms with the sheriff" she raised an eyebrow at you.

"But I want to help!" you started to say.

She looked you directly in the eyes, "Please (y/n), I just want you to be safe, you need some sleep" she said.

You let out a sigh, "Fine" you said crossing your arms.

"Thank you" she said pulling you into a hug.

"Now I'm just going to give you something" you felt another needle enter your arm before you could register what she had said.

You pulled her away, "What the hell was that?" you shouted.

"A sedative, only lasts a few hours. I know that if I left you, you'd probably get bored within half an hour and start wondering around, then you'd leave the Tardis by yourself and try and find us... this way, I know you'll be safe" she said.

"What the hell Doctor! I.. you.. err...actually yeah, that sounds about right" you huffed.

You could feel yourself getting sleepy, but you weren't going to give up that easily.

"Don't fight it (y/n), just let yourself rest" she said.

"You are unnbelivvable" you slurred slightly.

You felt yourself try and get out of bed, you just felt confused now.

You felt strong hands carefully push you back against the bed, your head hit the pillow. You could feel the doctor place a blanket over you.

"nooo!" you said.

You could hear the doctor laugh a little, "Good night (y/n)" she said, gently kissing your forehead.

You couldn't fight it anymore, your eyes closed, and you fell into a deep sleep.