Screaming

Rushing down the corridor, adrenaline pumping; you could think about nothing else, but your need to help the doctor.

Seeing her in agony, fighting with all her strength to keep the burning sun particles, inside of her, from taking her over.

Her screams echoed down the corridor as you and Yaz rushed her to the medical bay.

You could see the shocked and concerned faces of Ryan and Graham behind you.

Jess and Jada were up front, making sure that the possessed Sam didn't make an appearance.

Cody was at the back, keeping look out.

"We're nearly there doctor, just hold on..." you said gently.

"(y/n), I can't fight it much longer...I don't want to hurt you, I'm scared" she whimpered.

"You would never hurt me, or any of us" you replied.

"But the thing inside me will" she screamed.

Her body lurched forwards, both you and Yaz, trying to keep her upright.

"Burn with me!" the doctor shouted, as her body trembled.

"Doctor, stay with us, you're strong ...I am not giving up on you" you shouted.

You could finally see the door leading to the med bay, in front of you.

Jess rushed forwards and opened it, Jada headed in, you could see her setting up the stasis chamber.

"We made it doctor" Yaz said, trying to reassure her.

"Stasis chamber...I NEED TO...AHHH" the doctor screamed, her body flinging forwards, trying to pull away from you.

You gently placed your hands on her face, and kissed her lips with urgency.

"I am not letting that thing take over you!" you shouted.

"What do you need? I'm here for you doctor, I'm not going to let anything happen to you" you said softly.

This seemed to calm her slightly.

"I need this thing to be frozen out of me...the stasis chamber needs to get down to -200, I can only take 10 seconds though" she managed to explain, through her pain.

Jada nodded back at you, showing she had heard.

"Are you sure?" Jada questioned.

"The human body can't withstand that temperature...it could kill you" she explained.

"I'm not human" the doctor screamed.

Jada, Jess and Cody looked slightly shocked at this revelation.

"She's a time lord...she looks human, but her body can withstand a lot more than we can" you explained.

Jada nodded in response.

You helped the doctor lay back, inside the stasis chamber.

"(y/n)" she called your name in a panic, desperately reaching out her hand.

"I'm right here" you quickly replied, gently taking it.

"No matter how much I scream, no matter how much pain I'm in, you can't stop it, ok?" she questioned.

"Ok" you replied, you could feel tears welling up in your eyes, you hated to see her in pain.

She managed to open her eyes for a second, you could see the fear and pain within them as she breathed deeply, closing them again.