Please... Don't Hurt Me

Warning - Some description of physical and emotional abuse in this chapter.

You were dreaming again, trapped in a nightmare. This time it wasn't about death, it was about your past and a different type of hurt you had experienced.

You stood watching your father shouting at your mum, he looked furious and was extremely drunk. His face was inches away from hers. "Why did I ever marry you!" he shouted, bringing a hand up and slapping her hard across the face. You could remember screaming at him to stop, and to not hurt her. He then turned to you, "and you... I never wanted you, you were a mistake!" he was getting closer to you and you cowered away,

"Please... don't hurt me" you remember saying but it was no use, you felt his blows collide with your body and you remembered screaming out in pain...

"How on earth did we end up with you!" another familiar voice said. You were having a different flash back now. 

"Worthless, useless, It was a mistake picking you!" the man said. You were remembering one of the foster families  you once stayed with. You had accidentally dropped a glass when getting it out of the cupboard. He was really angry; this wasn't the first time he had hurt you. "Clean it up now!" he shouted.

"I nee..I need to get a dustpan and brush" you stuttered.

"Use your hands!" he snarled. You remembered having to pick up every single piece of glass and it cutting painfully into your hands. "what have you got to say for yourself!" he shouted in your face.

"Sorry" you said pitifully.

"Sorry is not good enough!" he shouted, hitting you round the face making you fall backwards in a daze. You then remembered being kicked continuously in your side, taking blow after painful blow.

"please.." you begged "Please stop, your hurting me" you screamed in agony. You could feel someone grabbing your arms and your name being called. You shot your eyes open and began to panic, "Get off me! I'm sorry, please, please don't hurt me!" you pleaded.

You couldn't control your breathing and your heart felt like it was going to jump out of your chest, you were hyperventilating.

"(y/n) its ok, it's me, it's the doctor. It was just a dream, you're safe, I'd never hurt you" you heard a kind voice say. You looked her in the eyes, she relaxed the grip on your arms as you were no longer flailing about.

"You need to breathe (y/n)" you heard someone say behind her. Yaz had rushed in when she heard screaming coming from your room. 

"Breathe with me, nice and slowly, one breath in... and then out" the doctor said. You followed her instructions and finally manged to get your breathing under control. The doctor looked at you with concern, she pulled you into a hug.

"I heard screaming... you were begging someone to not hurt you!" Yaz said, looking at you with worry. She sat down on the bed the other side of you.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake anyone up" you said.

"don't be silly, I needed to know you were ok" Yaz said.

"I was awake anyway, you were sleeping ok, you had the odd twitch now and again but suddenly you just started shaking and thrashing about screaming, crying out for someone to stop hurting you" she said, looking at you with pure worry.

"You mentioned to me that someone had hurt you before, what's going on (y/n)? who has hurt you?" the doctor asked.

"I don't want to talk about it" you said, anger was slowly beginning to build up inside of you because of the memories you had just seen.