Gold

You felt something gently moving in your lap, causing you to instantly open your eyes and look down.

You looked to see Yaz, stirring in her sleep, you let out a sigh, remembering what had happened and where you were.

You gently moved some hair out of her face.

Her eyes fluttered open.

A confused look appeared on her face as she began to wake properly, still looking a little dazed, she stared up at you, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

A confused look appeared on her face as she began to wake properly, still looking a little dazed,  she stared up at you, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth

"(y/n)?" she questioned.

"The one and only" you laughed.

"Its gone! That angel is no longer inside my head...it worked" Yaz said, grinning.

"It certainly did" you smiled down at her.

"How long have I been sleeping?" she asked.

"No idea, I kinda of fell asleep too...the doctor put a blanket over us both and that was me gone" you laughed.

"I'm not surprised, after everything that happened back there...you did so well, not knowing where the doctor was...then Graham and Ryan and then having to keep me safe" Yaz said sadly.

"I'm so sorry, I was so stupid...I can't believe I looked into its eyes and let it get to me" she said looking at you with sadness in her eyes.

I can't believe I looked into its eyes and let it get to me" she said looking at you with sadness in her eyes

"Hey...it's not your fault! We had no idea that would happen, you did amazingly, you didn't panic, you stayed strong...I think I would have been a huge mess and found it really hard to keep my eyes closed" you mumbled.

"Thank you again (y/n), you managed to stop that angel from touching me, and then figured out how to get it out of me...how did you know what to do?" she questioned.

"I have no idea" you admitted, "it just kind of came to me in the moment, guess I'm just clever" you laughed.

"Well thank you, I owe you" Yaz said.

"You don't owe me anything, just knowing that you're ok and safe, is good enough for me" you smiled.

"I was so afraid...I thought I was going to die" Yaz whispered, her face changing into a pained expression.