Family

"Can I come a bit closer?" Graham asked, holding his hands up, "We're friends right?" he asked.

"No" you snapped, causing him to give you a hesitant look. "We're family" you said, a small smile appearing on your face.

"Don't come to close though, I don't want to risk it" You warned.

Graham's face broke into a massive smile. He came and sat down against the wall, still leaving a little space between you.

"Yeah" he laughed, "I wasn't expecting to gain two more grandchildren when travelling with the doctor" he grinned.

"You and Yaz are like family to me, and the doctor, well she's...she's the doctor, extraordinary in everyway, she holds together this weird little family" Graham laughed.

The doctor, Yaz and Ryan were all smiling at his words.

"Thanks Graham" you said, smiling at him.

"That's alright, love" he smiled.

"How are you feeling?" he asked you.

"Like my whole body is on fire just by talking to you" you sighed, "Everything hurts and my arms" you looked down at them, "They are really hurting now" you said.

"Would you like it to stop?" he asked you.

"I'd do anything to make it stop" you sighed.

"Hang on..." you said, "You're not just in here to talk to me are you?" you questioned.

"The doctor's given you something to make this stop" you said, raising your voice slightly.

"Yes" Graham said truthfully.

"It's trying to control me again... it doesn't want to be stopped, please...be careful, I'm really trying to stop it" you said with concern, your whole body shaking again.

The others were looking anxiously at the screen.

Graham pulled out the syringe and pulled off the plastic cover.

You weren't in control for a second and you lunged for him, grabbing his arm that was holding it.

The doctor was going to come and pull Graham out of there, but you managed to gain some control.

"Sorry" you said, through gritted teeth.

"Do you want to do it?" Graham asked.

"No" you said, "I trust you.." you fought with all your strength to let his arm go.

He quickly jabbed the syringe into your upper arm and injected the sedative.

He gently pulled you towards him, your head slumped against his chest.

He looked down into your eyes, "Well done" he said, "it's going to stop now...you can rest" he said gently.

You could gratefully feel yourself being pulled towards sleep, the pain was stopping, and you closed your eyes with a small smile on your face. You drifted off into a deep sleep.

The doctor entered the room.

"You did well Graham" she smiled, heading over to you both.

"Thank you for talking to her and reassuring her, she needed that...and Graham" she said, "Ryan did help you that day but that was your decision to be strong...to be the better man" she smiled at him.

"Thank you, doctor" he said, a kind smile appearing on his face, he gently moved your body on to the soft floor.

"poor thing" he sighed, looking at your sleeping body.

The doctor gently moved the hair out of your face and checked your pulse at your neck.

She than began to carefully lift your body up.

"I need to get her to the med bay, that's a powerful sedative and I need to keep her vitals monitored. I also need to sort out her injures" she sighed. Graham nodded, helping to open the door wider so that she could carry you through.

The doctor gently laid you down on a bed in the med bay. This was becoming an unwanted occurrence.

She hooked you up to some monitors so that she could keep an eye on you. She then began to clean and disinfect your wounds. She applied her healing creams and lotions and potions generously and wrapped both your hands and forearms in bandages.

Once she had finished, she stood at the front of your bed, by your head.

"What am I going to do with you?" she sighed, leaning down and gently kissing your forehead.