There is always Hope

Your vison cleared and you saw that you were all back on Tivoli, including the Firocks. You were all stood by the fire pit.

"Now" Finnick snarled, "Where should we burn first?"

"Nowhere!" Glendall shouted. She was holding whatever she had picked up from the ground, in her hand.

"Whilst you were gloating about destroying our home, I picked this up from your planet and reprogrammed it" she said, gesturing to the device.

"We will not burn... you will!" she snarled.

"This will send you back to your burning planet, offering no escape. You can be engulfed by that inferno".

"Whoa! Hang on a minute, no one's going to be burning anyone" the doctor said.

"I know you wanted to stand up for your race, Glendall, but that's taking it a bit too far" Graham said.

"You think?" Ryan raised an eyebrow.

"You don't want to do that Glendall, that will just make you as bad as them" Yaz added.

Glendall looked hesitant but still held up the device.

"Can everyone just stop!" you shouted.

 "Glendall,  you don't have to do that. And all of you" you said looking at the Firocks, "you've been offered a chance by the doctor. We can take you somewhere where you can live happy lives, build new families, live in peace. Please... come with us and do the right thing and take it."

You could see that there was a child standing amongst them, you gave him a small reassuring smile. He headed over to you and took your hand. The doctor was looking at you, full of pride.

Eldaz smiled and began to head your way too, she looked at Finnick and said "It's the right thing to do, there is no need for killing, that's only what you wanted" she said sadly.

 The rest of the Firocks peacefully headed towards you, but Finnick did not move and just stared in anger.

"Cowards!" he shouted, "You're worse than the Tivolian's, you are all as pathetic as each other" he spat. "We could take this planet and spread our fire and our hatred!"

"Do you hear yourself!" you shouted,  your anger starting to build.

"They are not coward's, you are the cowardly one, too scared to do the right thing, to change, to be better" you took a step towards him. You could see the doctor and Yaz move closer towards you.

You managed to calm yourself down and push aside your anger. You began to move over to Finnick. The doctor went to grab a hold of you, but she looked into your eyes and saw no anger there, just compassion.

You weren't quite sure what you were doing yourself, but it just felt right. You took Finnick's hand in your own and looked into his glowing amber eyes.

"It doesn't matter what you have done, or what your intentions were. You have the ability to change, to take a chance, to be with your family" you said kindly looking at the other firocks. "All it takes is a little bit of courage, strength and hope, you can do this. Please... come with us?"

Finnick just stared at you and roughly pulled his hand away. "NO" he screamed. "I would rather burn on my own planet then change and go with you!" he quickly turned to Glendall and pushed the button on the device she was holding. He disappeared with a flash of light, sealing his own fate.

You stared slightly shocked. You turned around to Eldaz, "I'm sorry...I couldn't save him" you said sadly.

She walked over to you and hugged you. "Some people can't be saved" she said, "Especially when they need saving from themselves" she sighed. 

"Thank you for trying, that was really brave. I will gladly accept your offer of a new home; I will lead my race with courage and peace." She smiled.

She then headed over to Glendall, and offered her, her hand, she shook it. "I am sorry for all the chaos my brother has caused you. We will leave you in peace. You should be proud; you defended your race well" she smiled. 

Glendall's face lit up and a huge smile appeared.

"However," you said heading over to Glendall. "There was no need for this" you said, taking the device out of her hand and throwing it into the firepit. 

"There is always hope" you said, looking gratefully over to the other Firocks.