Target Practice

You were feeling rather angry and annoyed that no one believed you about Jack. You also couldn't believe how cross the doctor was with you! You went off to quickly get changed out of your pyjamas and back into your own clothes.

Yaz and Gwen had calmed you down afterwards. You had all enjoyed chatting to each other and telling each other about yourselves. 

They both found out that they both worked for the police (when they were not travelling with the doctor or working for torchwood). You had all shared about your families. Gwen was happily married and had a 10 year old daughter called Anwen. She sounded very protective of her.

Gwen had took you on a tour around the hub, you hadn't realised how huge it actually was. She had taken you both down to the holding cells. 

"Ever found yourself in a cell?" she had asked, "I bet you have (y/n)"she laughed.

"A few, yeah" you replied.

She rolled her eyes at you.

"She got us all arrested once, decided to punch and throw herself at the sheriff of the town we were in" Yaz laughed.

"Hey.. you know that was because I was trying to grab something from him...and he wasn't the sheriff, he was a cyborg" you quickly said.

Gwen just laughed "You're trouble" she smiled at you.

"I get told that a lot" you laughed.

"what the hell is that?" Yaz suddenly asked, looking into one of the cells.

"That is a weevil" Gwen said, "They occasionally sneak through the rift, we capture them and return them when it's safe to do so...Can't have them wondering around Cardiff" she laughed.

You looked at the weevil, it's face slightly disturbed you. They were roughly humanoid in shape, just a little taller but it's face was flattened and it had many sharp, fan like teeth.

"Handsome feller, isn't he?" you joked.

The weevil ran against the glass and snarled at you, making you jump back slightly.

Gwen and Yaz laughed.

"Them teeth though!" you said, looking curiously at them.

"Those teeth are strong and sharp; they kill you by ripping your throat out" Gwen said.

"Lovely!" you said with a disgusted expression on your face.

"can we move on, he's kind of creeping me out" you said, the weevil was stood staring at you.

"I think you have an admirer" Gwen laughed, leading you out of the cell block.

"I know something fun we could do!" Gwen said, her eyes lighting up.

"Have either of you shot a gun before?" she asked.

"The doctor doesn't like guns" Yaz quickly said and you nodded.

"Sometimes there necessary, working at torchwood, they are needed" she shrugged.

"How do you guys get out of danger?" she asked.

"The doctor always finds a way" you smiled but it turned into a frown when you remembered how annoyed she was with you.

"Would you like to try it? Just for some fun, we have a shooting range... we could do some target practice?" she asked.

It did sound like fun, "sure! As long as the doctor doesn't catch us" you laughed.

You, Yaz and Gwen had put some ear defenders on and some yellow protective glasses. Gwen had shown you how to load and reload a gun and had talked you through how to aim and shoot.