Revenge

"Burn with me..." The deep, menacing voice repeated over the ships speaker systems.

"That doesn't sound very friendly" Graham muttered.

"Is that Sam?" Yaz questioned.

The doctor scanned the faces off everyone stood in front of her, she stared into scared and confused eyes.

"I am afraid that was Sam, yes. But it was the sun particles inside him that are talking through him. The sun wants to burn everything in it's path, as your captain took out it's heart and caused it to feel nothing but pain!" the doctor explained.

"I didn't know that would happen!" Tom finally spoke again.

"You knew that something bad could potentially become of it, but you had to find out for yourself, you had to take that risk, didn't you?" The doctor said sternly.

"I saw an opportunity for cheap fuel, so I took it...I'm sure everyone else would have done the same" Tom mumbled.

The sounds of disagreement filled the room, everyone else saying they wouldn't have, including his crew.

Captain Scott folded his arms in a huff, turning his back on them.

"How do we stop this Doctor?" Jess asked.

"Please don't judge the rest of us by our Captain, his decisions were his own, the rest of us had nothing to do with it. And I can assure you, we all look out for each other" she continued.

The doctor offered her a warm and gentle smile, nodding her head, reassuring her that this was not the case.

Tom turned and looked at Jess, "You talk about your captain like that! You will never go on another voyage on my ship, or be part of my crew again, on return!" he snarled.

"If we return...no thanks to you" Cody added.

"I wouldn't want to anyway, you have shown us your true colours, you don't care about any of us and act like you own us. You don't! Your carelessness caused this." Jess exclaimed.

"And don't bother saying anything back...your words mean nothing now!" she said, shooting him a hard stare.

Tom opened and closed his mouth a few times, looking like he was going to say something, however, he decided against it and walked to the back of the room, in a sulk.

"Well said" You smiled at Jess and Cody.

They returned your smile, you expected that they had probably wanted to stand up to Tom, for a long time.

"How do we fix this?" Cody asked.

"Jada and Jamal are heading to the engine rooms, we need to try and jettison the fuel back out to the sun. If one of you could work on the shields, trying to maintain them would be excellent. Also, the life support system could do with a check and needs to be guarded. Unfortunately, what has consumed Sam will try and sabotage this ship in anyway, It will try and start with the most important parts first..." The doctor explained.

"If needed, and the ship can't be saved, my ship will be able to take us all to safety" the doctor added.

"Bad news on that one doctor..." Cody said, looking at the device on his wrist, "The corridor we have just entered from and all rooms leading to it, have gone into lockdown due to being the closest area to the sun. The shields are at there most critical there, so nothing enters that area at the moment..."

"Great...no Tardis!" Ryan muttered.

A look of worry appeared on the doctors face, but she soon shrugged it off.