Explanation

You could feel yourself waking up. Your head felt groggy. You opened your eyes and saw that you were alone in the med-bay. This worried you. 

You checked the time and it had been four hours since the doctor left you. You began to panic a little, wondering if everyone was ok and if they were safely back in the Tardis. You decided to go and investigate.

You carefully got out of the bed, you still felt slightly sleepy and were a little unsteady on your feet. You wondered down the Tardis corridor's, heading towards the console room. You heard some laughter and familiar voices. You felt a little better knowing they were safe.

You entered the room, they all looked at you as you headed to the seats by the console, you still felt a bit unsteady, so you sat down.

"Hello sleepy head" the doctor said.

You glared at her, "You drugged me!" you said annoyed.

"It was for your own good" she smirked.

"Don't do it again!" you snapped.

"I can't guarantee that" she smirked.

"Cheeky bitch" you whispered under your breath.

The doctor glared at you.

"How are you feeling?" Yaz asked.

"Groggy" you replied.

"How's your side?" Graham asked.

"Feeling ok thanks, the doctors painkillers are out of this world" you replied.

"Quite Literally" the doctor laughed.

You looked at the doctor and noticed that she had a bruise coming through around one of her eyes, like yours.

"what happened to your eye?" you asked her.

"Nothing" she said quickly, Yaz and Ryan went to say something, but she shot them a look.

You looked down to your side and saw you were still wearing your blood-soaked shirt.

"I need a shower and some clean clothes" you sighed.

"Meet you guys in the library afterwards? You can fill me in on what happened with robo sheriff!" you said. "And you can tell me what happened to your face doctor" you said more seriously. She sighed.

"see you in a bit" Ryan said.

You felt so much better after your warm shower, all clean and fresh. You put on a comfy pair of leggings and a long burgundy sweatshirt and headed to the library.

The others were already there, sitting in the alcove, chatting away. They had also cleaned up and changed into comfier clothes. You sat next to the doctor on one of the sofas.

"Fill me in guys, who and what was the sheriff? what did he want? How did you stop him? And how did you get a black eye?" you turned and faced the doctor.

"The sheriff wasn't the sheriff" Ryan said

"I figured that" you said.

"He had killed the actual sheriff and used a perception filter to disguise his face as his" the doctor said.

"Perception filter..." you said, "I'm guessing that's some sort of device that allows the person to see what they want you to see, hiding the truth. It must telepathically effect and misdirect your vison, so you don't notice what's really there. That would explain why we got a strange feeling when looking at him but couldn't put a finger on what it was" you spoke your thoughts.

The doctor was looking at you like you were some of god.

"That ... is spot on" she grinned. "They can also be used to disguise objects, or places, they're great if you need to disappear or hide. I've even seen them used inside a person's mind, so they don't even know who they are. Your brain sort of tells you that something isn't quite right but you just sort of ignore it, but sometimes, you can see it out of the corner of your eye. I love a good perception filter".

"Anyway..." Yaz said. "If you two have done turning each other on with science talk..." she smirked, earning a glare from you and the doctor.

"It turns out he was a cyborg who had been mistakenly teleported to earth, leaving him stranded with no way home" Yaz said. "we managed to find out a lot of information from the device you managed to get hold of".

"He was trying to fit in with everyone. The doctor managed to reveal him to the townspeople, he was literally going to destroy everything, but she managed to talk him down. She explained that she could take him back home and no killing was ever necessary" Graham said.

"We dropped him off to his home planet, I'm glad to see the back off him" Ryan said.

"He was an arsehole; couldn't you have just dropped him off into a blackhole or something?" you said.

Everyone laughed, even the doctor had a smile on her face.

"unfortunately, I couldn't do that" she grinned.

"and your eye?" you asked looking at her, "What happened there?"

"When we first found the sheriff, he was saying how you weren't there and gloating that he had shot you and said that he hoped it had killed you" Yaz said.

"bastard!" you said, earning yet another look from the doctor.

"The doctor just walked straight up to him and punched him in the face!" Yaz added.

"It was awesome, she nearly knocked him out" Ryan laughed.

"I had to pull her off him, she earned herself a punch from him in the process" Yaz said.

You stared at the doctor.

"I guess I'm not the only one who punches people" you laughed.

"I thought you hated violence?" you added.

"I do" she said, "but he was so arrogant, he made me so angry when he was talking about you, I lost my temper for a second" she said.

"I'd have loved to have seen that!" you laughed. "You have  got some fire in you then doc" you smirked.

"you have no idea, I'm not usually the violent type but there are many planets and races out there that know me as the oncoming storm" she said looking into your eyes.

"Why does that turn me on?" you smirked.

You could see the doctor's cheeks redden as she turned away from you, you heard Ryan and Yaz sniggering.

"so, where are we going next then?" you questioned.

"You still need to rest (y/n), your wound needs to heal" the doctor said.

You sighed.

"What about somewhere calm and relaxing doc?" Graham said.

"Sounds like heaven" Yaz smiled.

"What about somewhere hot, like a beach or something" Ryan said.

"and a cocktail bar" you added, the doctor glared at you for what felt like the one hundredth time.

"I know just the place!" the doctor beamed. "The planet lagoon, named so, because of it's breath-taking lagoons. The water's like a hot bath, the suns beautifully light up the sky and there's also some sandy beaches, perfect to just relax and sunbathe" she smiled.

"Sounds perfect!" you grinned.