Mistake

The doctor and the others entered the Tardis, you hesitantly followed behind them. You had just barely shut the door when she quickly flicked some controls and pulled the lever down taking you into deep space. You quickly grabbed the railing beside you to stop yourself from falling.

The Tardis stopped moving and you glared at the doctor.

"I think I might get to bed" Graham said slightly awkwardly, sensing the tense atmosphere.

"Good night" the doctor snapped.

He looked slightly hurt.

"There's no need to snap at Graham, he hasn't done anything" You quickly said.

The doctor glared at you, but she did turn to Graham and quickly say sorry.

"You're right, It's you I'm mad at" she said.

"I know" you sighed.

"I'm sorry that you're annoyed, it was just a misunderstanding with Jack. I shouldn't have drank anymore last night and the shooting was just a bit of fun, I wouldn't ever actually shoot someone" you said.

"YOU'RE STILL LYING TO ME" she shouted.

"I'M NOT LYING, NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENENED!" you screamed, anger building up inside you.

"I think you both need to calm down" Yaz said.

You stared at her, your breathing was becoming more heavy.

"Doctor, everyone makes mistakes, I'm sure (y/n) just wasn't thinking" Yaz said.

"You don't believe me either?" you said annoyed.

"The only mistake I've made..." the doctor said glaring at you.

"is trusting you and allowing you to travel with me" she shouted.

You couldn't believe what she had just said. You heart felt like it was painfully deflating inside your chest. You felt angry and upset all at the same time. 

She knew what that word meant to you. How it made you feel. Others in your life had carelessly said it to you...and now the person you cared most about had just shouted at your face.

You stared at her.

"I...err. What?" you stuttered.

"Doctor, you shouldn't have said that" Yaz said.

You could see slight regret in her eyes, but you just wanted to be as far away from her as possible.

You ran as fast as you could down the Tardis corridors, you heard your name being called behind you, but you ignored it.

"I need a fucking drink" you thought, deciding to head towards the kitchen. You knew where the stash of alcohol was kept, no matter how many times the doctor tried to hide it, you always found it.

You grabbed a bottle of vodka and went to take a big gulp, but you annoyingly realised that there was only a tiny bit left, which you drank.

This was the last straw for you, even though you could see another fuller bottle in the cupboard, anger took over...

"FUCK!" You screamed, throwing the empty bottle against the wall so that it shattered.

The doctors words were echoing in your head and you clenched your hands into fists.

Anger was flowing through every cell in your body, you swung a fist so it connected directly with the wall.

"Fuck" you quickly grabbed your hand, you could see your knuckles were starting to bleed and could tell it would leave a nasty bruise.