Tivoli

You were all about to step out of the Tardis doors when the doctor turned to you and said, "Please all stay near me, a distress call means there must be some element of danger, we all need to stay together" she was looking at you in particular,  "and (y/n)" she sighed, "please try not to punch anyone or end up getting hurt".

You let out a laugh, "I'll try my best".

She gave you one last worried look and opened the Tardis doors. The sight that greeted your eyes was fascinating. 

The streets were made with dirt paths and all the buildings were made from trees and branches above ground and you could see lots of giant holes undeath them leading below ground into what looked like giant burrows.

The dirt path led to a huge burrow with magnificent intertwined branches above it. You thought that this must have been where their leader lived.

You could see Tivolian's wandering the paths and going in and out of their houses. They looked like rodents, they had a humanoid body, but their faces were almost rat like, with a slightly scrunched up snout and pointy teeth. They also had small pointy ears and most of them were bald. Some of them had a little bit of dark hair sprouting out the top of their head, their features looked more female.

The doctor scanned around with her sonic. "Not picking up much" she scrunched her face up, "slight change in energy and teleport traces... they seem to be most strong over there" she said pointing to the larger burrow in the centre.

"Please don't start eating the dirt now" you laughed.

"Dirt can tell you an awful lot about a planet" she replied.

"Why don't we head over to the main structure and on the way there, we can ask some of the locals some questions?" Yaz suggested.

"Brilliant idea" the doctor grinned.

You all started to head down the muddy path, you could see a male Tivolian sitting outside his home, he was looked at you all with curiosity.

"Hiya" the doctor greeted him. "I'm the doctor, this is (y/n), Yaz, Ryan and Graham" she explained pointing to each of you. You gave him a little wave.

"Greetings, my name is Gully!" he said in a slightly squeaky voice. "Have you come to conquer our planet? We welcome you" you looked at him confused. "We have been preparing everything for your arrival, I've just finished sweeping the path, I hope it's to your standard" he finished bowing slightly.

"We are not here to take over your home!" Graham said.

"Anyway, why would you just let someone take control of  it?" you asked.

"It is easier to just surrender and not to defend ourselves" he squeaked.

"I told you" the doctor sighed, "one of the most cowardly races in the universe".

"You weren't wrong there, Doc" Ryan said shaking his head slightly.

"We are not here to conquer your planet, we are here to help save it" the doctor said, "We received a distress call, do you have any idea who might have sent it?" she asked.

"That would have been our leader, Glendall. She is the only one who would attempt to defend us" he squeaked.

"Thank you" the doctor said.

You all headed towards the leaders burrow again. You could see some Tivolian's hanging some welcome banners from their tree branches.

"They obviously know somethings coming to conquer them" you laughed.

"Why are they so cowardly?" you asked.

"It's just their nature to be, they have always been that way, they think it's easier." The doctor replied. "There's always hope" the doctor sighed.

You looked at her strangely for a second.

"Everything ok?" she asked you, looking confused.

"Err yeah, sorry" you replied. "That's just something me and my mum used to say to each other, she used to say it to me when she kissed me goodnight" you said sadly.

The doctor looked at you kindly, "What a lovely thing to say to each other" she smiled.

You had reached the leaders burrow now. You expected to see some kind of guards at the entrance, but you remembered they didn't defend themselves. You all started heading down the large opening in the ground. You came to a large door and the doctor knocked on it.

You heard some scurrying behind it, a male Tivolian opened the door and held it open for you all to enter. "Welcome, my names Gilly, you may enter and take whatever you would like" he smiled.

"We don't want to take anything" the doctor sighed, "we are here to talk with your leader" the doctor said.

"Of course," he bowed slightly, "Please follow me" he squeaked.

Inside the burrow you could see some basic wooden furniture, it was very simple, and the walls and floor were all muddy. Gilly was leading you through some rooms.

"They choose a simplistic life" The doctor said.

"Do all their names begin with G?" you wondered, "You'd fit right in Graham" you joked.

"Cheeky sod!" Graham replied, frowning at you.

The others all laughed, and his frown quickly turned into a smile.

Gilly led you all into another room, this one actually had some character, the walls weren't muddy, and the floor was carpeted. Pieces of artwork hung on the walls and the furniture was more modern.