Yellow

You pouted slightly at the loss of her touch and warmth.

She quickly headed to the Tardis.

"Close your eyes (y/n)" you could hear her say.

You did as you were told.

"Now... you told me there was only one thing you missed from home" she said, "I thought you may like a new one" you felt her place something in your hands and lap, as you were now sitting up.

You opened your eyes and looked down. The most wonderful guitar was resting in your arms.

It was a beautiful shade of Tardis blue and the neck of the guitar had the same rainbow pattern as the t-shirt the doctor often wore.

"Oh my god...I love it" you grinned.

"You didn't have to do this...it's wonderful, thank you!" you stood up and hugged her tightly.

"You're welcome, I'm glad you like it" she smiled.

You sat back down and placed the guitar in your lap.

You played a few chords and short tunes.

"It sounds amazing too, it's tuned perfectly" you smiled.

"I had it made for you at the best place for musical instruments in the universe" she said.

"Thank you, I really do love it".

"Can you play and sing us something (y/n)?" Yaz asked.

"That would be wonderful" the doctor smiled.

"Sure, let me just think of something...I know!" you smiled.

You got yourself sitting comfortably, the others watched you contently.

"This is for Alfie, my mum and all the amazing people we've all lost...to everyone whose stories have ended but keep on living inside our hearts " you said, as you gently began to play.

The guitar fit perfectly in your hands, it was almost like it was moulded to perfectly fit your body. You strummed the strings skilfully, loving the sound that came from them. You started to play the songs melody and began to sing.

Look at the stars,

Look how they shine for you.

And everything you do.

Yeah\, they were all yellow.

You looked up at the beautiful sky above you, admiring each brightly shining star.

I came along,

I wrote a song for you.

And all the things you do.

And it was called "yellow".

You could see that a lone firefly had flown towards you and rested on the headstock of your guitar. Its luminous yellow glow enveloped you.

So then I took my turn,

Oh what a thing to have done.

And it were all yellow.

Your skin...

Oh yeah, your skin and bones.

Turn in... to something beautiful.

You know... you know I love you so.

You know I love you so.

You felt a tear run down your face, you looked at the doctor and her face mirrored yours, she gently wiped hers away, looking at with admiration.

I swam across,

I jumped across for you.

Oh, what a thing to do.

And it was all yellow.

I drew a line,

I drew a line for you.

Oh, what a thing to do,

And it was all yellow.

The others were all listening to your every word, you noticed more fireflies had begun to drift over towards you all, floating all around you.

Your skin...

Oh yeah, your skin and bones.

Turn in...to something beautiful.

You know...

For you I'd bleed myself dry.

It's true,

Look how they shine for you.

You looked directly into the doctors forever kind and beautiful eyes.

Look how they shine for you.

Look how they shine.

You looked back up at the glorious sky and found the two brightest shining stars. You were seeing the most beautiful memories of your mum and brother in your mind, thinking of all the love and happiness you had shared. All the times you had told each other 'I love you'.

Look at the stars.

Look how they shine for you.

And all the things that you do...

You gently finished playing the melody, a smile permanently on your face.

"That was beautiful..." The doctor said, pulling you in for a hug.

"That's just made this evening even more perfect" Yaz smiled.

"You made me feel every word you sang" Ryan said, meaning it.

"You're making them proud everyday (y/n)... sure, you may sometimes find it difficult and make the wrong choices, but they would be so proud to see the young women you have grown into. That was beautiful" Graham gave you a warm smile.

"Grace would have loved you" he said, giving you a hug.

You returned it.

"Thank you, Graham, I'm sure she's looking down on both of you and admiring all the crazy things we do with the doctor" you laughed.

"Ohh, she'd be laughing" Graham grinned.

You all settled back down again, resting your head on the pillows. The doctor covered you with a blanket and you rested your head on her shoulder.

She lent down to kiss you on the forehead but you looked up at the same time and she ended up kissing your nose. You both giggled. You rested your head back down on her.

You stared contently above you at the beautiful sky full of stars.