Moments

You heard voices around you, you couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

You felt yourself lying on something soft, but felt confused as to where you were.

You slowly began wiggling your fingers, waking your body up.

You felt something cold on your face and some sort of tube in your nose and tucked behind your ear and under your chin. It felt weird, so you reached up, trying to pull it out; leaning your body forwards.

"Hey...hey..." you felt gently hands take hold of your arms.

"You need that...it's ok, open your eyes (y/n)" you heard a gentle voice say.

You slowly opened them, blinking a few times to allow them to slowly focus.

You were laid on a bed, in the ships medical bay, the thing you tried to pull out of your nose was a nasal cannula oxygen tube.

The doctor was sat in a chair, beside you, gently holding your arms.

Memories of what happened came flooding back to you.

"Doctor" you said, a small smile appearing on your face.

"Yep, it's me" she smiled back at you, gently pushing your body back, so your head hit the pillow.

You could see her holding an icepack, that had been placed on your bruised eye.

She was looking at you with a face full of concern and worry.

You looked around the room. Jess, Cody and Jada were talking at the back of it.

Graham, Ryan and Yaz were closer to you, their faces all looking at you with relief that you had woken up.

"How are you feeling? Where does it hurt? Does your breathing feel more normal?" the doctor asked, beginning to scan you with her sonic.

"Doctor I'm fine" you said, rolling your eyes.

Your body did ache though, "It does sort of feel like I've got whiplash though" you admitted.

"I'm not surprised, the way your body was thrown out of the ship" Graham said.

The doctor looked at you, you could tell she wanted to say something. She had an expression on her face of relief, but you could also see a hint of something else, like she wanted to tell you off.

Too many questions suddenly rushed through your head.

You quickly pushed yourself back up into a sitting position, making you wince and grab your side; remembering how the cable had pulled tightly against your ribs.

"What happened? Are we safe now? Is the ship working again?" you blurted out.

"Will you lay down!" the doctor instructed, sighing at you.