Alfie

"What happened?" the doctor asked gently.

"It started off quite nicely, actually. I was replaying a memory of when we were playing in the park together. I used to chase him around and catch him. He used to giggle like crazy" you smiled.

"I caught him and we both fell and laughed together, he told me he loved me. It were amazing to hear that again" you could feel tears forming in your eyes, but you tried not to let them fall.

"He then ran off again and I went to catch him, but then he just stopped. I tried asking what was wrong but when he turned around..." tears started to fall now. The doctor held you close, gently stroking your hair.

"When he looked at me, all the colour was gone from his face and the light was gone from his eyes. He had the most terrified and excruciating look of pain on his face. It was how he looked when..." you couldn't bring yourself to say it.

"When...he died. I ran over to him and he collapsed in my arms, his body went limp and felt so cold. I just kept repeating that he couldn't be gone".

There was a small moment of silence whilst the doctor processed everything you said.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that" the doctor said, wiping away a tear that had began to run down your cheek.

"I miss him terribly, and my mum" you whispered.

"Why don't you tell me more about Alfie? The good things and memories you shared?" she asked.

You smiled slightly, "Alfie was amazing. He was a little ball of energy, full of love and life. He had blonde, slightly curly hair and the most beautiful, big blue eyes. He loved the park, dinosaurs, spaceships and cars".

"I loved spending time with him, we did so much together. His favourite movie was the lion king, he used to watch it on repeat" you giggled.

"He loved the scene with Simba and his dad, when they were talking about the stars and how their family were up there. Luckily Alfie didn't get to know dad to well, I managed to protect him and make sure that he was never hurt" you sighed.

"He loved all the scenes with the beautiful starry skies. We used to look up at the stars together, I still love looking up at them now, they remind me off him."

"Mum said that one day, she'd take us to see the most beautiful starry sky, surrounded by trees and tall wispy grass. She said we'd lay there and look up at them, and all around us we'd be surrounded by glorious, glowing fireflies" you said, your eyes lighting up with memories.

"Alfie sounded like a very special, beautiful little boy" the doctor said taking your hand.

"It sounds like he was very lucky to have such an amazing big sister" she said, planting a small kiss on your head.

You were about to say something but you were interrupted by a loud knocking on the door.

"Doctor, are you in there?" you could hear Yaz ask, sounding a little worried.

"Everything ok?" the doctor replied.

"Were worried about (y/n)" Graham said.

"We can't find her anywhere, she's not in her room" you could hear Ryan add.

"I heard her screaming last night, I think she must have had a bad nightmare, I tried to check on her and she wasn't in her room, I couldn't find you either doctor, and then she wasn't there this morning! I checked the cupboard with the alcohol in and the rest of the vodkas gone, we're worried about her" Yaz said, sounding panicked.

"It's ok, you don't need to worry, she's with me. You can come in" the doctor said.

The door quickly opened and the three of them hurried inside. A look of relief appeared on their faces when they saw you.

"(y/n), your ok!" Yaz said.

"You scared us!" Graham said.

"Sorry!" you said sheepishly.

"Have you two made up then?" Ryan asked, smirking slightly, seeing you both cuddled up in bed.

You shot him a look, "Yes, thankyou!" you said.

"Good, I hate it when you two are angry with each other" Graham said.

"What happened last night?" Yaz asked.

You looked up at the doctor, not sure what to say.

"I heard you two talking and felt a complete idiot for not listening to (y/n) and for what I said to her, I didn't mean it" the doctor said.

"Well done for calming her down Yaz, you did well" she smiled.

Ryan and Yaz came over and sat at the end of the bed, Graham sat in a squashy looking armchair you hadn't noticed was in the room.

"Yeah, thanks for that" you smiled at her.

"No problem, it's what best friends do" she smiled.

"Cheesy" you grinned.

Yaz laughed.

"You listened to our conversation doctor?" Yaz said, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Its ok" you quickly said. "I said that I was glad she did, as she wouldn't have let me explain it to her if I'd tried last night, she were right mardy! So it was good that she listened. I did tell her not to make a habit of it though" you laughed.

"Nosy" Yaz laughed, the doctor stuck her tongue out at her, causing you all to laugh.

"Yaz explained everything to me and Graham as well" Ryan said.

"And told us that you turned into she hulk and smashed a bottle and punched the wall" he laughed.

"I didn't say that!" Yaz quickly said.

You just shook your head slightly at them both.

"I can't believe you actually didn't sleep with jack" Ryan grinned.

"oi, would you like me to wipe that grin off your face" you said, jokingly.

Ryan put his hand up, "I've seen your punches, I'm good" he laughed.

"After I heard you two talking, I felt so guilty and was trying to think of a way to make it up to (y/n)" the doctor said.

"I then had an awful nightmare" you said.

"I felt alone and afraid and wanted to get what I had seen out of my head"

"That explains the screaming" Yaz said, giving you a sympathetic look.

"I had quickly popped out and was sorting something, had I of heard, I'd have been straight in there, comforting her" the doctor said, holding you closer.

"I made the stupid decision to drink my feelings away and headed to the kitchen" you said.

"You didn't finish that bottle did you?" Yaz asked looking slightly shocked.

"Unfortunately, yes she did" the doctor shot you a look.

"I found her passed out on the floor, in the corridor outside the kitchen" the doctor sighed.

"She was completely unresponsive at first, but I managed to bring her round a little bit. I carried her here as it was closest, she threw up a lot and then I tucked her into bed" The doctor said.

Yaz looked at you, "Honestly (y/n), that's really not the best way to deal with things"

"That's really not good for you, love" Graham said.

"Idiot" Ryan laughed.

You kicked him slightly from under the covers, making him jump.

"We've just been discussing that and about her nightmare as she had it again last night" the doctor said.

"Sorry to hear that" Graham said.

"(y/n) then told me about her little brother Alfie and how wonderful he was" the doctor smiled.

"Tell us about him too?" Yaz asked...

You all spent the morning chatting and laughing in the doctors room. You had told the others about your little brother and of the trip your mum dreamed of taking you on.