Death

You looked around you, there were dead bodies everywhere. You could see men, women and even children, laying on the ground. They were staring upwards blankly, with lifeless expressions and no light left in their eyes.

You headed over to a small girl, her body untouched by cyborg and metallic parts and gently closed her eyes, so she looked more like she was sleeping, more at peace.

"What the hell happened here!" you could feel tears begin to well in your eyes.

You turned to the others, the doctor looked horrified. Yaz, Graham and Ryan looked pale and shocked.

The doctor looked at you all. "I'm so sorry you all had to see this" she said sadly.

She went over to the body of a women, she had metal running all through her, a combination of cyborg and human. The doctor gently closed her eyes.

She scanned her body with her screwdriver and instant panic appeared in her eyes.

"No" she said. "no...no...no!" she almost shouted, placing both her hands on either side of her head.

"What is it doctor?" you asked concerned.

"We really need to get out of here" she said, heading towards you all.

"who are you?" you suddenly heard a panicked voice say.

You turned to see a Zyborg man looking in horror at all the people surrounding you.

"Nooo" you heard him scream, heading over to the women whose eyes the doctor had closed.

He pulled her close to him, rocking her limp body in his arms.

"I'm so sorry" the doctor said.

"My...my wife" you heard him cry.

The sight of him, cradling her dead body in his arms caused tears to stream down your cheeks.

"Do you have any idea what might have happened?" the doctor asked him gently.

"I'm the doctor by the way and this is (y/n), Yaz, Graham and Ryan" she said pointing at you all.

"We are here to help...to stop what did this..." she said, with anger in her eyes.

"Argo" he whispered, "my name is Argo, and this is..." he looked down at his wife "Was...Alita" he said sadly.

"She still is... she will always be a part of you, I'm so sorry for your loss" you said.

He looked you in the eye and could see that you truly meant it, he could tell you had lost ones you had cared about before.

"I know exactly what did this!" he said, gently laying his wife back down and standing up.

You noticed a glimmer of metal in his face, he also had a bionic, robotic arm and leg on one side of his body.

"This town has been going crazy the last few weeks. We all lived peacefully with hardly any problems. That all changed. Suddenly people were going insane, filled with uncontrollable rage and anger. People began beating others to death" he said sadly.

"what on earth caused that?" you asked.

"It was that strange zyborg, who calls himself ki-hal. I always thought he was a bit off, but then he found something and started experimenting...he created some kind of drug that when injected into someone, it caused them an instant rage...they couldn't control it or stop themselves, they even hurt the ones they loved" he explained.

"That's awful" you said.

"Terrible" Ryan said.

"He didn't stop there though; said he was building himself some kind of army. He doesn't care how many of his own kind he kills." Argo sighed.

"These bodies...they don't look like they've been beaten" you said.

"No" Argo said.

"They suffered something much worse" he said sadly.

"What happened to them?" you asked.

"We really need to go" the doctor said.

"just wait, let him finish" you quickly said.

"No, we really need to go!" the doctor said urgently.

You looked into her eyes, "You know what did this to them! You picked up something with your sonic, why aren't you telling us doctor?" you asked.

She looked at you, her face full of worry.

"He was building himself an army of metal monsters. I'm pretty sure that they are just the shell, hiding what's really underneath" Argo said, "he said that he was going to fill them with more rage and anger than ever before".

"What killed these people... my friends...my wife" he said looking down sadly at her, "was something made from metal and hatred, it's single deadly weapon shooting a beam of energy that kills someone in an instant. Its eyestalk seeking out its prey with no mercy. He calls them the Daleks."