Waking up

"Come on Doc, you could do with some rest. I finally managed to convince Yaz, but you haven't left her side. I'll keep an eye on her for you" you could faintly hear Graham saying.

"I'm not leaving her; not till she has woken up and I know that she's ok" the doctor replied. Her voice was closer to you and you could feel her touch, gently on your skin.

"Please Doctor, you look exhausted" you heard Ryan say.

You began to slowly wake up, you gently moved your head, letting out a small murmur.

You could feel the Doctor's hand on your cheek, "(y/n), thank god, that's it, open your eyes, please wake up" you could hear her saying,  sounding hopeful.

Your eyes began to flutter open, and you were greeted by her beautiful smiling face. She carefully pulled you closer and hugged you.

"I'm so glad you've woken up! I was so worried about you; I am so sorry about what happened..." she began.

You gently turned her face towards you and looked into her eyes.

"It's ok Doctor,  it wasn't your fault" you said in a slightly croaky voice.

"You nearly died! I have a duty of care towards you and I failed you, I'm so sorry" you could see tears start to well up in her eyes.

"It wasn't your fault! You protect us as best as you can, you stopped her, sent her away. It was my fault anyway, I was the one who charged at her, I wasn't going to let her hurt Yaz" you explained.

"I just need you safe" she said, "Nothing can happen to you" she barely whispered.

"It's good to have you back (y/n), how are you feeling?" Graham asked.

"Slight headache, a bit groggy and weak, but apart from that, I'm good thanks" you smiled.

"I'll give you some more painkillers" the doctor said.

"How long have I been out?" you asked.

"Three days, the doctor has not left your side and Graham only convinced Yaz to go and get some rest yesterday as she was practically passing out" Ryan answered.

"Three days!" you exclaimed, "You never left me?" you looked at the doctor.

"I had to know that you were going to be ok" she replied.

"That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me" You said grabbing her hand. You gently kissed it, "Thank you" you whispered.  You thought you saw the doctors cheeks blush a little.

"You do look incredibly tired though Doctor" you added, "Please get some rest".

"Let me just give you a quick check over" she said.

The doctor ran some tests, checked your vitals, and removed some of the various wires and tubes from your body. She looked a little less worried.

"You're recovering well, I've got some of the best medical facilities here in the whole universe, you'll be back on your feet in no time" she smiled.

"You still need to rest though, build your strength back up" she added.

"Thank you for saving me" you smiled, "but the same goes to you, you need some sleep too doctor".

"Go and get some rest Doc" I'll keep an eye on her" Graham said.

"You've just woken up; I don't want to leave you" the doctor replied, giving you a downcast look.

You moved over slightly to the other side of the bed, "Well if you're not going to leave, why don't you come and lay next to me?" you asked.

You could see a smile appear on her face. She was by your side in an instant and she carefully laid next to you. You snuggled into her and rested your head against her chest. "This is becoming a habit" you thought.

She gently ran her fingers down one of your forearms, you realised it was the one that the Sycorax had cut. It was completely healed now, and the doctor was using a finger to trace up and down the scar.

You both rested against each other, feeling content. You were soon both fast asleep.

"Look at them" Graham smiled.

"How long do you think it's going to take before they get together?" Ryan smirked.

Graham gave Ryan a shrug, "let's give them some peace" he said, as they both left the room.