Imagine

The doctor had found the Firocks a perfect deserted planet with a rocky surface to live. 

You all helped them to get settled and took a few trips in the Tardis to get them what they needed. They were grateful to you all.

You were now sitting in your usual spot in the library. The others were chatting away but you had zoned out, listening to your own thoughts.

"what do you think (y/n)?" Yaz asked but got no response from you.

"(y/n)?" she said again, giving you a little nudge.

"Hmm, what? Sorry... I wasn't listening" you replied.

"Are you ok (y/n)? You've been awfully quiet, It's really not like you" Graham asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine thanks" you said.

"You seem lost in thought" the doctor said, looking at you with a slightly worried expression.

"I was just thinking about today, about Finnick" you sighed.

"There was nothing you could have done to change his mind (y/n), unfortunately there are a few like him out there in the universe, they like to cause pain, death and destruction. They enjoy it." The doctor said.

"No matter how many good people there are out there, you always get the odd few that are bad" Graham added.

"I know" you sighed. "If only everyone got along, but the universe isn't like that".

"There's always hope" the doctor said given you a kind smile.

"That is true" you returned her smile.

"You never fail to surprise me (y/n)" the doctor said, "Sometimes that's not in a good way" she laughed, "But today, you really showed us a different side to you. You were kind, compassionate... you did not let anger take over you. You should be very proud of yourself; I know I'm certainly proud of you."

You couldn't help but let a huge smile appear on your face.

"Thank you, doctor" you grinned.

"I just wished we could have saved everyone" you said.

"Unfortunately, sometimes you can't" the doctor replied, "It's like Eldaz said, you sometimes can't save others, especially when it's themselves they need saving from" she said sadly.

"Do you mind if I use the piano?" you asked the others, "I've just thought of the perfect song to sing, even if it will be proper cheesy" you laughed.

They all smiled and nodded at you.

"Go ahead" the doctor said.

"Haven't heard you sing in a while, last time you were very sassy" Ryan laughed.

"That was brilliant!" Yaz said.

"It will be lovely to hear you again" Graham smiled.

You headed over to the piano. You loved how music allowed you to express yourself. You began to play the song's melody, gently pushing the keys. The others were happily gazing at you. You began to sing:

Imagine there's no heaven,

It's easy if you try.

No hell below us,

Above us only sky.

Imagine all the people livin' for today.

The doctor was smiling at you, she loved your choice of song, everyone sat back, contently listening to you.