Crazy Little Thing Called Love

You both made your way down the staircase and back along the corridor, leading to the main hall;  where the party was in full swing.

As soon as you stepped foot in there, you heard people gasping and pointing excitedly at Freddie. They stood back slightly, allowing you space to step through.

"Good evening everyone!" Freddie shouted.

"Are you enjoying the party?" he asked, getting a loud cheer in response.

"Excellent!" he grinned.

You were scanning the crowd for the doctor and the others.

Freddie led you over to a table, handing you a glass of champagne.

"Thank you" you smiled.

"I really need to find the doctor and my friends; they will probably be wondering where I am..." you explained.

"The doctor?" Freddie questioned.

"Yeah, my girlfriend" you answered.

"Fabulous name, but may I ask, doctor who?" he questioned.

"Just the doctor" you answered, laughing lightly.

"I like it!" Freddie grinned.

"Let's find them, you really must introduce me to them" he smiled.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)" you heard your name being shouted by a familiar voice and turned to see the doctor heading towards you, Yaz, Graham and Ryan in tow.

"Looks like they found me first" you gulped, looking at the doctors annoyed face.

"Where do you think you've been? We've been looking everywhere for you!" she questioned, once she'd reached you.

"I err, I got lost" you explained.

"More like you wandered off...again!" she replied, a little harshly.

"You know, those who wander, aren't always lost" Freddie said.

"Sorry, I got separated from you all, there were too many people... I found somewhere quiet and needed some space. I heard a piano playing and followed the sound, leading me to Freddie..." you explained.

"I did try and look for you all" you added.

The doctors face softened.

"I'm just glad we've found you now" she said, pulling you in for a hug.

Graham and the others were staring open mouthed at Freddie, but the doctor just continued talking.

She looked at the glass in your hand and sighed.

"I hope you've been sensible" she said.

"Sensible" Freddie laughed beside you, "You should have seen the way she downed a glass of whisky like it was water, it was very amusing...".

You shot him a look and pulled a funny face, the doctor glaring at you.

"Really?" she questioned.

"I only had a few, I'm not drunk, it was just nice to taste it again..." you explained.

The doctor sighed at you.

"Just be careful" she said.

"I got talking with Freddie and it was amazing, we sang and played together!" you said excitedly.

The doctor finally looked at Freddie beside you, like she was taking him in for the first time, her eyes widening.

"Hang on, Freddie...as in the Freddie...Freddie Mercury" the doctor exclaimed.