Planet Sovereign

You stepped out and your eyes widened in amazement. You looked around in wonder, it looked slightly like earth but the grass was silver and the sky was a brilliant shade of purple. Two bright burning suns were shining in the sky. You looked ahead at what appeared to be a city. Tall building shimmered with gold, you could see what you presumed to be different shops, houses, and hotels. At the centre was what appeared to be a hospital. The buildings all looked spectacular and their gold coating glimmered in the sunshine. It was truly breath taking.

You could see the inhabitants of the planet wondering about, talking, working, shopping. They looked human apart from the fact that their skin was golden, glittering  majestically  in the sun. They wore extravagant clothing. You looked at their faces, they were all extremely beautiful.

"This is amazing!" you said full of excitement.

"Pretty cool" Ryan added.

"It's beautiful" Yaz said.

"Do you know where we are doc?" Graham asked.

The doctor was looking around smiling happily. She pulled her sonic screwdriver out of her pocket and pointing it ahead of her, scanning the planet.

"I haven't been here before, love finding new places!" she beamed.

"According to theses readings" she said looking at her sonic, "We are on the planet Sovereign, named after the golden race who live here. I can remember meeting a Sovereign once, friendly at first but don't like to be insulted, whatever you do don't sing Spandau Ballet near them!".

Graham chuckled, "Cause you are gold... always believe in your soul.." he sang.

You all began to laugh and sing along when the doctor scrunched up her face at her sonic.

"Hang on, that's not right... I'm picking up some weird energy readings that should not be here" she said.

"Wonder what it is this time?" Yaz laughed, rolling her eyes.

"There is always something" Ryan said.

"Why can't we just go somewhere, and everything be normal for once" Graham added.

"Travelling with me is far from normal", The doctor chipped in.

"I can't help but notice but you seem to be almost excited that you've found something wrong doc?" you laughed.

She smiled "I'm just curious that's all, love a bit of investigating!" she bent down to the ground and picked up a small bit of dirt and put it in her mouth and began to eat it!

"Do you have to do that!" Yaz said.

"That's disgusting" Ryan added.

You were looking at her in confusion, "What the actual fuck, doctor?" you asked.

Yaz let out a snort, the doctor nearly spat out the dirt, "(y/n), what have I told you about swearing!" she glared at you, "I do not approve! Anyway, you can tell a lot from a planets soil, there's definitely something odd going on here, I'm getting traces of blood, with a high volume of salt".