Scorched

You ran through the twisted and maze like corridors of the ship. You had to dodge the odd blast of scolding steam, from the overhead pipes.

Sweat was dripping off you now, especially as you were running. 

You had never felt such heat, you imagined that this is what it would feel like, to be stuck in the middle of a barren, sweltering desert.

You could see the doctor, with a determined look on her face, sprinting ahead of you; following behind Cody.

Yaz was directly behind you, followed by Graham, Ryan, and the other members of the crew.

You all finally came to a stop as Cody quickly entered a code into a key pad, leading to the medical area of the ship.

The clunky, metal door slid open and you all hesitantly stepped inside.

You could see some sort of scanner in the middle of the room, it looked like a high tech MRI scanner, you could see some readings flashing on the screen beside it.

"Oooh a stasis chamber, I do love a good statis chamber" the doctor beamed, heading over to it. "Designed to suspend the biological functions of it's occupant, allowing them to be kept alive and unchanged for prolonged periods" she explained.

"Where's Steph...and where is Sam..." Cody questioned.

They were nowhere to be seen.

The doctor headed over to the screen displaying the readings.

"Who was last in here?" the doctor asked.

"Steph placed Sam in there when he started having a seizure, his temperature shot up and she was trying to maintain and stabilize it" Cody explained.

"Never mind that! Where are my crew? There are two members missing, who should be working!" Tom exclaimed.

"Really!" you shouted.

"Two of your crew are missing and all you care about is why they aren't working? One of them was seriously ill. Do you not have any consideration or any kind of morals?" you questioned.

"How dare you speak to me like that! This is my ship, they are my crew, I am their captain!" He sneered, taking a step closer to you.

You didn't think you could dislike anybody more in the universe right now, as much as you disliked the man standing in front of you.

You took a step closer to him, not backing down.

Yaz moved closer to your side, you could tell you were clenching your hands into fists. She placed a calming hand on your shoulder.

"We may be on your ship...but you're certainly not our captain, nor do I think you deserve to be anyone else's! All you have shown us is that you treat your crew like shit, have some fucking respect! We are here to help, I personally don't think you deserve it, but your crew does and it's what we do. I suggest you shut your narcissistic mouth for one second and let the doctor find out what's going on here" you said in an angry tone, trying to keep yourself calm, however much you wanted to punch him square in the face.

Tom just stared back at you, open mouthed and looking shocked.

You guessed he had never been spoken to like that before.

You could see the other members of his crew hiding smirks and grins, around him.

"Well...I might not have quite said it like that..." the doctor said, shooting you a admirable but stern look, "but (y/n)'s right, two members of your crew are missing, we are here to help, but you need to start thinking of others, not just yourself. Have some respect!" the doctor said firmly, staring straight at Captain Scott.