Honesty

The sound of gentle whispers filled your ears, you had managed to drift off again, as you were being held gently, in the doctors arms.

You slowly opened your eyes to be greeted with her beautiful smiling face, you looked around and saw that Ryan, Graham and Yaz had joined you both, in the med bay.

They had all pulled up a chair and had been quietly talking to the doctor.

"Nice to see you awake," Graham laughed.

You stretched out your body as you woke up properly.

"I must have drifted back off..." you laughed.

"Yeah" the doctor nodded, "We were chatting and then you didn't reply, and I realised you had fallen back to sleep" the doctor chuckled.

"Sorry" you laughed, "I'm sure what you were saying was verrry interesting..." you joked.

"Oi!" she exclaimed, gently elbowing you.

"How are you feeling?" you asked.

"Much better, you?" the doctor questioned.

The pain in your head had faded and the doctor had magically sorted your hand earlier, "A lot better, thanks" you grinned.

"Good to hear! You both had us all worried" Yaz said.

You looked down at your hand and thought back to the brilliant glow of golden light that had flowed through it, healing and fixing you.

A sudden flash back of the mirror, your eyes flashing a mysterious shade of gold, came flooding back to you.

It reminded you a lot of the energy you had seen, running through your hand, maybe that's why had seen it in the mirror.

"Doctor...the regeneration energy you used to fix my hand...did my eyes glow gold when that happened?" you asked, curiosity getting the better of you.

"No...it only made the area I was treating, your hand, glow...why do you ask?" she questioned.

You avoided the question, "Have you ever known a humans' eyes to do so?" you asked.

"Yes, a couple of times...once as they absorbed the energy from the heart of the Tardis and the other as someone had absorbed the full force of my regeneration energy. The human body cannot cope with that amount of energy, It almost killed them" she said sadly.

"The second time I had to take the energy back...and wipe her mind of any trace of me...it was heart-breaking" she whispered.

The thought of the doctor having to do that to you, sent anxiety rushing through you.

"What are you not telling me?" the doctor asked, looking you straight in the eyes with her kind ones.

"Remember the mirror that we used to help Yaz...and how I was able to read the Gallifreyan imprinted down its side?" you began.

"Yes...I still don't know how that happened" the doctor said, looking at you  with confusion.

The other three were all listening intently and looking at you with curiosity.

"Well...that's not the only weird thing that happened. When I looked into it, I saw my reflection, it was normal at first. But then, within a split second I saw my eyes flash gold...the same gold as your regeneration energy. You told me that the mirror could tell the future...and then I talked to the Tardis, she just hummed and flashed back to me in response...but when I mentioned what I saw in the mirror, she changed colour...her central column changed to a brilliant shade of gold. Doctor...what could this mean?" you asked.