Not Coping

When you entered the kitchen, you're eyes were greeted by the sight of Yaz, sitting by the worktops, slouched slightly over, with an open bottle of vodka in her hand.

"Yaz!" you said, surprised to find her like this.

"What are you doing?" you sighed.

She looked at you, "I thought maybe this would help..." she muttered.

"I was feeling scared and confused with everything that happened today, I thought the alcohol might help..." she explained, her eyes looking glassy.

"Hey, this is one of my coping method's, and surly you've realised the amount of times you've stopped me... it doesn't really work" you said gently.

"Yeah..." she sighed, "Just thought I'd give it a try" she whispered.

"I get it...you must be feeling all sorts of emotions, to have something else in your mind, trying to take over you and pull itself out of your head...of course you're going to be feeling like this..." you said, taking a seat next to her.

"I was so scared..." she whispered.

"You were also really brave...don't forget that" you replied.

You watched as a single tear fell from her eye and rolled down her cheek.

You lent forward, gently wiping it away and pulling her into a hug.

"You're strong, you'll get through this, I know what it's like to have something inside your head..." you said, remembering the time you had an uncontrollable rage flowing through you.

"You should speak to the doctor tomorrow, if you still don't feel so good, she's a great help" you advised her.

"Thanks" Yaz replied.

She took another sip from the bottle, you could see she was becoming intoxicated.

"Yaz, I think maybe you've had enough now..." you said gently.

She sighed.

"Please can you pass me the bottle?" you asked.

Yaz handed it to you and you instantly took a large gulp.

"You're not supposed to start drinking it!" she shouted, shooting you a disapproving look.