Piano Battle

The doctor smiled at you and looked down at the piano.

"Do you play?" the doctor asked, "I remember you saying that music helped you to heal" she smiled.

"Yeah, I play piano and guitar and love to sing" you replied.

You placed your fingers on some keys and began playing a soft melody.

"Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy" the doctor smiled, "Very nice".

You continued playing, getting lost in the music. You could suddenly hear the tune being played in a lower key, you looked to the side of you and the doctor was playing along, in sync with you.

"ah, you play too" you laughed.

"Let's make this more interesting" you added.

You began to play Beethoven's Fur Elise, starting off slowly, the doctor soon matched you.

"I'm not the only one who's good with their fingers" you smirked.

"Oi!" she shouted, but soon smirked.

"I love a bit of Beethoven" she laughed, "I met him once, bit grumpy" the doctor said,  scrunching up her face slightly.

"Let's see if you can keep up" you laughed, increasing the speed you were playing.

"You bet I can!" the doctor looked determined.

"Game on" you laughed. You began to play Rimsky-Korsakov's, Flight of the Bumblebee.

Your hands were moving quickly across the keys, this was an amazingly fast tune. 

However, the doctor continued to keep up with you. You both played faster and faster, your hands becoming a blur as they furiously moved across the piano keys.

Yours's and the doctor's hands were heading closer together as you each moved up a key. You both began to laugh but tried to keep your concentration. You could see the doctors face out of the corner of your eye.

It was a big distraction as she was pulling the most hilarious face you had ever seen. Her tongue was out, her nose was scrunched up and her eyes were basically popping out of her head. 

You could not concentrate anymore and burst out into laughter, your hands slamming down onto the piano keys.

The doctor looked at you and fell about laughing too.

"Your face!" you were hardly able to breathe through laugher, "That was the funniest face I've ever seen!"

"I was concentrating, couldn't help it" she laughed.

"well, you must concentrate most of the time then, as your always pulling weird faces" you replied.

The doctor looked at you, her nose slightly scrunched.

"am I?" she asked.

"You're doing right now Doc" you laughed.

"I love it!" you smiled.

The doctor looked at you, she seemed slightly taken back by your choice of words, here face suddenly lit up into a huge smile.

You lent your head on her shoulder, both of you calming down from the laugher.

"You can definitely play piano" the doctor said, "I'd love to hear you sing?".