Panic

Warning - This chapter features a panic attack, but of course, the doctors there to comfort you .

You stayed in the SS. Octavian's medical bay for a little while longer, you didn't really have a choice. It was the doctors' orders... quite literally.

"Your blood oxygen levels are looking a lot more stable now" the doctor smiled down at you, whilst removing the tube from your nose.

"Finally!" you grinned.

"I think it's time we got back to our own ship" the doctor explained to Jess.

"Of course, thank you, all of you, for everything" she replied with a warm smile.

"What will you all do now?" the doctor asked.

"I think I'll probably stay on as captain, continue delivering cargo. We'll take the ship back to base and get her properly fixed up. I'll also make sure that we do not carry out any illegal fusion scoops, ever again!" Jess said with a light laugh.

"We'll get the word out that this sun is living and needs to be protected" she added.

"Brilliant" the doctor grinned.

"And you two?" the doctor asked, looking at Jada and Cody.

"I'm happy to continue working, as long as Jess is in charge!" Cody laughed.

"I'll stay on, but I'll need to go home first...visit family, I'll have to tell them about Jamal...he deserves a funeral, even though we won't have his body" she said sadly.

"I'm sure you'll honour his memory beautifully" you said, with a kind smile, which she returned.

You suddenly had a thought.

"What happened to Tom?" you asked, realising you hadn't actually seen him, in a very long time.

"Oh...we locked him in a room near the back of the ship,  I suppose I'll have to let him out soon" Jess laughed.

"We'll take him back to base and inform the authorities of his actions, he'll be going away for a long time!" Jess informed you.

"I wonder why he's like that...does he have family?" you asked.

"He lost his wife last year, he doesn't really talk about it. He has a 10 year old daughter with her. He's working to save the money he earns up, for her future" Cody said.

"Did he really lose his wife?" Jess asked.

"That explains a lot" you said, "Maybe try talking to him first, before you hand him in...I guess everyone deservers another chance" you said.

"You think he deserves another chance? Even after how he treated us all and how he was with you?" Jess asked, surprised.

"Not for him...I was just thinking of his daughter. She's already lost her mum; she doesn't deserve to lose her dad to. She probably would not get to see him for a very long time if he was sent to prison. It can really mess a kid up, not having either of their parents around..." you said sadly.

The doctor took hold of your hand and squeezed it gently, she knew you were talking from experience.

"I hadn't thought of it like that..." Jess whispered.

"I suppose we could try and get him to open up...he's probably still hurting from the loss of his wife. Even with what he said about Jamal...I'll never forgive him, but we're the better people, a little kindness can go a long way" Jada said.

"I admire your kindness Jada" the doctor said with a smile.

She turned to look at you and placed a hand on your cheek.