Up Close

The doctor began to flick and push switches and levers, almost dancing her way around the console.

"Where are we going?" you asked.

"You'll see" she grinned at you.

"Do you know where the others are?" you asked.

"Last time I saw them, they were chatting in the kitchen, I'm sure they'll turn up soon, once they feel us move" she smiled and pushed down on the main lever.

The familiar wheezing and woozing sounds could be heard from the Tardis as she started her usual bumpy ride.

The doctor pulled you closer to her, so you did not lose your balance.

As soon as the Tardis stopped, the doctor grabbed your hand excitedly and pulled you towards the doors.

She opened them and watched your face as it looked out in  awe and amazement. You could feel the biggest smile started to spread across it.

The Tardis was floating in deep space, the doctor sat at the edge of the door openening, her legs swinging beneath her, she patted the floor next to her, gesturing for you to sit down.

"We're right in the centre of the milky way, the galaxy that contains the earths solar system" the doctor explained.

"Its beautiful!" you were staring at the sight before you in amazement.

"I've never seen the stars so up close"

The dark sky of space was wonderfully lit up with burning spheres of light. The most beautiful combination of colours swirled around. You could see midnight blues, vivid purples, deep reds and brilliant shades of orange. The stars lit up the sky in clusters, it was truly breath-taking.

The doctor was looking at you and watching as your eyes gazed around the milky way.

She suddenly stood up and began to climb up the edge of the Tardis doors, heading for the roof!

"Come on" she laughed at you, offering her hand to help pull you up.

You grinned and carefully pulled yourself up next to her, you were both now sitting side by side on the Tardis roof, your feet dangling off the edge.

The doctor put an arm around you, pulling you into her side.

"This is amazing, thank you!" you grinned.

"How can we breathe? And how are we not floating away?" you suddenly asked, curious.

"The Tardis creates a little pocket of air and gravity around itself for us, like a little bubble" the doctor scrunched her face.

"It also provides us with a heat shield too, as without it we'd be exposed to around 10,000 degrees of heat, being this close to the stars..."she laughed.

"I think that maybe that would be a little too hot" you laughed, "I mean you're hot enough for me" you winked at her.

"You're flirting again...you're definitely feeling more like yourself" she laughed.

You grinned and nodded, "The stars are so mesmerising" you couldn't take your eyes off of them.

"Do you know how a star is formed?" the doctor asked you.

"Err, I know its something to do with a nuclear reaction that turns hydrogen to helium, I think?" you replied.

"gold star for you" she laughed.

"Yeah, they start off as a cloud of gas and dust, they form together due to gravity and become something called a pro star. Just the first step can take thousand of years, and it's not quite even a star yet, more like a hot blob" she laughed.