11| crushing on spider-man

Peter's pov
The school day is over, and I walk down the hall to meet Y/n at the front so we can walk over to her house. However, I see her getting her stuff out her locker, so I sneak up behind her and squeeze her hips making her squeal. She turns around and fake frowns at me.

"I can't believe that gets you every time." I laugh.

"Pete you know I'm really ticklish." She says closing her locker.

"Yeah, I know." I smile at her. I pick up her backpack and pass it to her.

"Thanks." She says as we walk down the hall in the sea of students. We escape and start to walk to Y/n's, the route we take is fairly empty as her house is in the middle of nowhere.

"So the MJ thing... what's that about?" She says not looking at me.

"Oh.. um well she's really nice." I say.

"Yeah I know, she's one of my best friends." Y/n awkwardly laughs.

"Wait! You're her best friend, can't you help me get her to like me?" I say.

"Yeah sure." She says unenthusiastically, still not looking at me. Why is she acting so strange?

"Anyways what are you doing tonight?" I say, changing the subject.

"Probably Chinese takeout and a movie with Morgie and my Mom. I dunno... You?" She says looking at me.

"Oh I'm going to the Homeless Support shelter with May. Spider-Man is doing a speech." I say, pretending to be excited about it, even though I'm Spider-Man. I feel bad I haven't told her I'm Spider-Man, but Mr. Stark clearly didn't tell her for a reason, so I haven't told her. I really don't want her to get hurt.

"That's so cool! I've met Spider-Man three times." She says proudly, which is cute.

"When? You've never told me!" I ask, even though I already know. Obviously. However, I only remember meeting her two times.

"Well the most recent was I was walking home from the store one night and he swung down and walked me home. He said that it was quite late and wanted to make sure I get home safely... Isn't that cute!" She says in awe.

"Does Y/n have a little crush?" I tease her. She smiles to herself, making me gasp.

"YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON SPIDER-MAN!" I shout. She stops walking and covers my mouth.

"Hey be quiet. He might be near, you never know." She whisper shouts. I can't believe Y/n has a crush on me, well technically not me but on Spider-Man.

"He could be old!" I say.

"He's not! He told me he was the same age as me." She says lightly pushing me. On the way to hers, Y/n tells me all about the other times she met Spider-Man.

"The first ever time I met him was at Stark industries. My Dad knew I was a fan and invited Spider-Man to babysit me." She begins. I look at her shocked realising she was the young girl Mr. Stark asked me to babysit.

"How old were you?" I ask, interrupting her story.

"Oh, um 9 or 10, I think... Why?" She says, looking at me confused.

"Oh, it's just crazy to think you are probably the same age as Spider-Man now." I say, rubbing the back of my head. I can't believe I forgot I met Y/n! I guess she's just changed a lot since then, so I didn't notice.