16| stargazing for the lazy

Y/n's pov
"How was it Y/n? Is Spider-Man as cool as you say?" Mom asks. Morgan's gone to bed so it's just us.

"Yeah! And guess what? He remembered my name!" I tell her, nearly throwing my meal all over the floor. My Mom laughs and we continue eating our dinner and watching the movie in our PJ's.

We finish eating and I put the dishes in the sink and sit back down. The film had finished so we are now sat in a comfortable silence. I gasp and look at my Mom.

"You must know who Spider-Man is! Dad must of told you." I shout.

"Shushhh, Morgan is sleeping... I do know who it is, but it's private and confidential." She smirks.

"Wow... Do I know them? Were they at the funeral?" I ask.

"Yes, but that's all I'm saying." She rolls her eyes, grinning.

"It must be that guy who was a kid when he met Dad. I can't remember his name, but that doesn't matter." I say, sure of myself.

"How do you know it's him?" She asks.

"Well Spider-Man is a teenager, and the only other teen boy there was Pete... And we both know he is too much of a nerd to be a cool superhero, also Dad would of told me if it was Peter... Peter would of told me if it was Peter." I explain. My Mom laughs awkwardly, I hope it wasn't cause I mentioned Dad.

We watch another film, and at the end I look over to see my Mom sleeping. It's been like this a lot ever since Dad passed away. I sigh and turn the TV off. I put a blanket over her, grab a glass of water and go to my room. I turn my main bedroom light off and switch on my fairy lights, which hang all over my ceiling. I remember when I first got the fairy lights, when me and Peter started becoming best friends...

Flashback
"Pete, go a little bit left... No that was too far, go a bit right... Perfect." I say pinning up the last of the fairy lights onto my ceiling. I'm sitting on Peter's shoulders so I could reach.

"Okay, let me down now." I say tapping Peter's head. He bends down and grabs my waist to help me down.

"Have you been working out?" I ask, confused to how he could hold me for that length of time.

"Oh um... yeah." He says, scratching the back of his head.

"I'm impressed Parker." I joke by squeezing his arm muscles. We both laugh. I turn the main lights off then Peter turns my fairy lights on. We lay on my bed and look at the ceiling.

"Woah." I say.

"Yeah... Woah." Peter says. We sit like this for ages just talking and looking at the lights.
End of flashback

'Stargazing for the lazy', that's what we called it. We do this often. Just stare at the lights and chat. The lights are dim so it's not like we get blinded. It's my favourite time I spend with Peter. Well every time I'm with Peter is my favourite, but this is the best. We promised each other we'd go proper stargazing one day, since we can't in Queens cause the air pollution is so bad it covers most the stars at night.

I sigh and roll over, picking up a picture frame. It has my Dad, my Mom and I on. I miss him, but he did it for us... I remember when my Mom came back home without Dad. She was heartbroken, still is. She's tried so hard to make it seem like she is okay, for me and Morgie. But I know she's still hurting.
It's been a year and it hurts like hell. I sigh and place the picture frame down, turn the lights off and close my eyes, drifting off to sleep.