31| is he dead

Peter's pov
A hologram appears on the table in front of us.

"They were born in stable orbits within black holes. Creatures formed from the primary elements: Air, water, fire, earth. The Science Division had a technical name. We just called them Elementals." Mr. Beck explains.

"Versions of them exist across our mythologies." Agent Hill adds on.

"Turns out, the myths are real." Mr. Beck says. That is so cool, but also not cool cause well we all might die.

"Like Thor. Thor was a myth and now we study him in our physics class... Thor used to be so sexy." Y/n says, making me chuckle at the thought of what Thor looks like now.

"These myths are threats." Fury says, regaining our focus. They continue to talk more about the elementals and how they are here now. Apparently Mr. Beck killed 3 meaning there is only fire left.

"The strongest of them all. The one that destroyed my Earth. It's the one that took my family." Mr. Beck says, talking about the fire elemental.

"I'm sorry." I say, secretly giving Y/n's hand a quick squeeze knowing that probably reminded her of Mr. Starks death.

"And it will be in Prague in approximately 48 hours." Agent Hill continues on.

"We have one mission: kill it. And you're coming with us." Nick Fury says to me.

"I'm sorry. Did you say Prague? Mr. Fury, this all seems like bigtime, you know, huge superhero kinda stuff. And, I mean, I'm just a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, sir." I reply, laughing nervously.

"Bitch, please. You've been to space." Fury says.

"You've been to space?!" Y/n says, smiling widely at me.

"I'll tell you about it later." I furrow my eyebrows, grinning. She must know her Dad went to space so why is she so excited? I shake my head, looking back at Nick.

"I know, but that was an accident. Sir, come on. There's gotta be someone else you can use. What about Thor?" I ask.

"Off-world" Nick says.

"Obese." Y/n mumbles in a cough.

"Okay, um, Doctor Strange." I ask.

"Unavailable." Maria replies.

"Captain Marvel." I ask, hoping she's available.

"Don't invoke her name." Fury snaps. Damn someone woke up on the wrong side of bed today.

"Sir, look, I really wanna help, I do. But if my aunt finds out that I left my class trip, she's gonna kill me. And if I'm seen like this in Europe, after the Washington Monument, my whole class will figure out who I am and then-- and then the whole world will figure out who I am, then I'm done." I say, as Y/n nods along.

"Yeah Fury, it's been a difficult year. Just lay off him." Y/n says.

"Okay. I understand." Nick says straight away. Well that was easy.

"Wait seriously no argument. You are really falling behind Fury." Y/n laughs.

"Why don't you get back before your teachers miss you and become suspicious. Dimitri. Take them back to hotel, please." Nick sighs at Y/n, trying not to smile.

We bid our goodbyes to everyone and go back to the hotel. We arrive there at 4.30am. We're gonna be tired tomorrow... well today even. Dimitri leaves and Y/n and I stand below my hotel room window. I grab Y/n's waist and use my webs to pull us up. We get inside to see Ned still passed out.

"Is he dead?" I ask, didn't Nick say it was a mild tranquilliser?

"No...well I hope not." Y/n replies. We rush over to him, checking his pulse.

"Oh okay phew." I whisper. Then we fall into a laughing fit over our stupidity.

"I should head back now." She smiles.

"Yeah... see ya tomorrow." I say, holding the door open for her.

"Night Peter Parker." She replies, leaving.